Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MR2 355 restoration

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboymills View Post
    I had a one legged man contact me about the car, because of the auto box. however he didn't want to pay the very reasonable price i had it up for sale at, so he tried chipping me by £500. I promptly sold the car to somebody else and made a rather hefty profit from the sale. The one legged man was very unhappy that I had sold the car to somebody else and then told me he had been looking for an auto 355 replica for 5 years. he couldn't have wanted one that bad if he was prepared to lose it for £500.
    Sounds like he didn't have a leg to stand on with that complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieGT View Post
    Sounds like he didn't have a leg to stand on with that complaint.
    Oh dear.

I would have just told him to hop it.

:/

You even went out on a limb to help him.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    Oh dear.

I would have just told him to hop it.

:/
    Sorry, there seems to be some insensitivity afoot.

you guys crack me up! :-)

Seems a bit cruel to pick on someone I guess, just because they're no use in an "oki koki" competition doesn't mean we have the right to get the boot in.

:(

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboymills View Post
    I had a one legged man contact me about the car, because of the auto box. however he didn't want to pay the very reasonable price i had it up for sale at, so he tried chipping me by £500. I promptly sold the car to somebody else and made a rather hefty profit from the sale. The one legged man was very unhappy that I had sold the car to somebody else and then told me he had been looking for an auto 355 replica for 5 years. he couldn't have wanted one that bad if he was prepared to lose it for £500.
    Wouldn't mock someone due to a disability - but looking for a pretty rare beast for five years, finally finding one and haggling over the price only to lose your holy grail? That deserves a bit of finger pointing and sniggers.

Yeah, I've always said if you really wanted something you wouldn't let it get away.

People say that they got outbid on eBay by a £1; sorry but you're heart clearly wasn't in it or you would have bid through the roof.

And for the record I don't pick on people with disabilities; I pick on everyone the same. Everyone I know with any kind of disability just wants to be treated like everyone else, so hey, line up baby.

:)

C.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post

And for the record I don't pick on people with disabilities; I pick on everyone the same. Everyone I know with any kind of disability just wants to be treated like everyone else, so hey, line up baby.

:)

C.
    Thats about the long and short of it, only people who get offended are the ones who do it on someone else's behalf. Usually much to their annoyance. Wankers. If you want to take offence on behalf of a disabled person - you need to get to go and get yourself their disability and then you can see it from their point of view. But of course, if someone is being a prick to a disabled person with no other reason than the persons disability - damn them, and may they be condemned to driving nissans the rest of their miserables lives.

I used to work in a government organisation and used to deal with two nasty drunks on a regular basis, they had never met each other and each had only one leg to his name. I wanted to see if I could organise a group buy between them where they got a shoe each. Rest of the office talked me out of it, probably was a good thing...

Quote Originally Posted by aussieGT View Post
    I used to work in a government organisation and used to deal with two nasty drunks on a regular basis, they had never met each other and each had only one leg to his name. I wanted to see if I could organise a group buy between them where they got a shoe each. Rest of the office talked me out of it, probably was a good thing...
    This ^ is genius! I would have talked you back into it. Reminds me of a sketch from a comedy show years ago, one legged guys doing an armed robbery on a shoe shop display.

Found it; Not The Nine O'clock News.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast