Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MR2 355 restoration

Looking good fella

That does look good Jonny. Amazing what a decent DA polisher and some Autogleam can do.

Unfortunately, I'm still not convinced after seeing so many of the authentic F355s around London the replicas are so easy to spot as they are dimensionally incorrect, particularly when they only came with a hard top or targa (not sunroof or T-Bar) and the handbrake sticks up from the centre console.

Just the same I really like the work you've done on this.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Thanks. I agree 100%. I nearly didn't buy it because of the automatic thing and the sunroof. however............................. Today I waved goodbye to her and moved her on. Im now looking for another project.

Nicely done, we need some details of the new project :-)

I love a good read. Thanks!

That car was really, really cool. :)

I am now the proud owner of JAPSCRAP. new project thread on its way

Look forward to seeing this develop, congrats mate :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboymills View Post

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboymills View Post
    Ahh, yes. Now thats a car with potential. That Fewawawii kit didn't look too bad after the clean up, but auto box? What numb skull would put such an audacious kit on a car with an auto box??

You did well I reckon, car was sitting there rotting, you polished that turd nicely!

I had a one legged man contact me about the car, because of the auto box. however he didn't want to pay the very reasonable price i had it up for sale at, so he tried chipping me by £500. I promptly sold the car to somebody else and made a rather hefty profit from the sale. The one legged man was very unhappy that I had sold the car to somebody else and then told me he had been looking for an auto 355 replica for 5 years. he couldn't have wanted one that bad if he was prepared to lose it for £500.
    Yeah, onto Japscrap.
    Im thinking a full colour change and a few cosmetic mods. I am in the middle of moving house at the moment and need to sort out my new workshop before I can get onto sorting her out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast