Thread: 2zz swap

2zz swap

Can't believe they've not posted it here....

I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

I kept waiting for them to slow the video down and start it at the end. I'm also not sure I understand why they've taken out a four cylinder and put in another four cylinder?

Sorry I thought Dan done it lol

Grenade took a 1zz out put 2zz in out Celica 190 in we started it at 9 after coffee then Dan drove it home at 5 lol makes a different car of the mk3.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenade View Post
    I kept waiting for them to slow the video down and start it at the end. I'm also not sure I understand why they've taken out a four cylinder and put in another four cylinder?
    Have a read of this and you'll understand!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Ah yes, I remember reading that. Ok, FE series engine and all that. Makes perfect sense now! Like I said, why didn't they put in a 2zz sooner hehe

I'm usually a day late and a dollar short when it comes to the things you should do :)

Where was the money shot of it coming off the ramps?

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
    Where was the money shot of it coming off the ramps?
    as it come of the ramp it was shot round the block and then drove 70miles home lol.

I'm a fan of the 2zz. I had a Corolla T Sport a few years back, I bought it with 40k on the clock and ran it til 95k, bounced it off the limiter many many times, sold it to my bro who gave it to his wife and it's now on 140K. I don't think it's ever been serviced!
    I bought another one last week and am running it as a winter daily and enjoying bouncing it off the limiter as well! It is rewarding as it is a little bit of a challenge to keep it in it's power band (6200RPM - 8200RPM) , if you change gear too soon you're out of the power band and the same if you spend too long on the limiter. Handles like a bag of sh*t but it's a comfy place to be so not bothered.