Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seems Like a Good Replica? COUNTACH Twin Turbo

Yes, that's true. But the thing with the small block Chevy 350 is that Summit racing and Painless wiring and Holley EFI and Edelbrock all sell plug and play systems for this engine, complete with the fuse boxes, relays and plugs, sensors, software- everything.

That is the only reason that I would have considered it. And this country is full of GM fans and I would have to disguise myself cleverly as one of them to sneak in and absorb some of the tips and tricks, only to run out the back with my head held low in shame for pretending to like Chevy things! hahaha

But yes, you're right. I knew it would have to be a big learning curve. I am really considering the winter project right now and I'm thinking possibly Mega squirt turbo something because I still feel defeated by that damn Mazzerexus mess.

Not a defeat, a learning experience for your next project :-)

Don't fool yourself. Sure they sell plug and play stuff. But where do you think you're going to find a setup like that one? Off the shelf stuff is just that - it's off the shelf, for a predetermined configuration.

And thats just the engine. What about lights? Dash cluster? All that other stuff to get the car running and road legal?

As someone who foolishly once took on a complete rewire on a 70's TVR (I'll give a hint - Every single wire was black), you'll soon loose the will to live with it.

If you need to get over the mazzerexus, stay simple. Something you can turn around in a couple of months. Not something that hang round your neck like a boat anchor, draining the enthusiasm right out of you.
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Lights are easy enough, the Mazzerpoop had indicators, high & low beams, brake lights etc. The dash stuff wasn't too bad either. My power windows even worked.
    Now was it all circuit protected and relayed properly? Nah, it was either on 12V or off. There were two or three main fuses but that's about it.

But outside of that- yeah, you're right. I need something that will just work. Those boat anchor projects? That's exactly what they do and I want no part of that. The main lesson I took away from the last car? Have a running driving donor car before you attempt to transplant it in anything. It'll all come down to budget, as usual.

I believe in my heart I could pull off that Lambo replica but borrowing money to get it, using every last dime and all my waking moments to finish it only to see it over budget and taking too long and to lose money at the end? That's what will drain the life right out a person. This shit is supposed to be fun and I can't wait to get back on something that makes us laugh!

there is one about 1km from my place...the body is still on the transport frame on his shed roof...

if I wasn't working on the limo...Id have made him an offer......

there is a buick v6 one running round here too. rough is an understatement though, looked at it with the engine hatch open a few years back and was like...."ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww"
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Yeah, I've let it go completely. That's something that if not completed by the first owner, should have been disassembled for parts.

This is the kind of stuff you'll see lots of on http://www.madmechanics.com/forum, plenty of build diaries an some wacky, some wonderful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12