Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Possible MC8R replica kit thread

Loving the vented wheel wells - Paul, Add to list!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

I'd be interested in this for the V8 Mr2 Standard body 4WD project that has always been on the back burner of my mind.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    It has to be done by someone Lyndon, i'm amazed nobody has tried yet, i'm hoping to be able to make a start on it in the Spring.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Nod View Post
    I'd be interested in this for the V8 Mr2 Standard body 4WD project that has always been on the back burner of my mind.
    [hijack on/]were you aiming to lambo style? midmount north south,with gearbox driving forward to the front diff? relocate the fuel tank and use the cavity for drive line.

or old beetle styles...motor south to north, with a transfer box in the middle somewhere?....
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sketchy View Post
    [hijack on/]were you aiming to lambo style? midmount north south,with gearbox driving forward to the front diff? relocate the fuel tank and use the cavity for drive line.

or old beetle styles...motor south to north, with a transfer box in the middle somewhere?....
    Mid Mount in line gearbox forward lambo style with a Rakeway billet transfer box sending drive forward (through a Free Lander Viscous coupling) and backwards to the diff aside the engine. The engine will need to be bias over and canted with a custom sump. There will be an intermediate shaft going though the sump to a flange on the other side.

[back to topic\]found a photobucket account...lots of pics....more round outside, UNDER car(some chassis/suspension stuff) and under the nose without the plastics..

http://s169.photobucket.com/user/dgh...ml?sort=3&o=44

lots of hmmm moments for me

Why does photobucket suck? You click on the forward arrow and it takes forever to load the next image. The first couple are fine, they go quick. But when you start "arrowing" forward fast, the page loads so slow it's horrible because the page wants you to see the adverts. PB sucks. I wish I could share my Go Daddy hosting with everyone because what photobucket does is mind numbing.

Outside of that, what I did see was cool before I got bored and closed the window.

Just slightly on / off topic, what happened to dans stretched chassis v8 build?

I am still struggling with build quality:(...its NASTY at best in places...

the front strut brace gusset's look poorly welded in...and the inner guard/wheel arch looks like an after thought....

the coolant lines at the front of the engine bay look more like a "home built scrap parts" to get it running fix.....

anything Paul does with his development can only improve on this

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast