Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible MC8R replica kit thread

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

Possible MC8R replica kit thread

So, not like i have enough work on at the moment, but i have been giving serious thought to developing my own short wheel base version of the Sard MC8R body. We all know it featured on a stretched SW20 chassis (around 11" i believe), which is just not feasible to duplicate, nor would you want to start cutting your Mr2 in half for cosmetic reasons!

So i'm serious about devoting some time come the new year to making a faithful replica in short wheel base form, i can get parts molded easily, it's just the initial time spent building the buck that will be a time soaker, but hey the forum is a little quiet right now so why not.

For those that don't know, this is what it looks like, i think the Mr2 world needs this to be a reality.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I have to say its cool but not the prettiest car in the world, I do think the mr2 world needs this, but it also needs a mk1 wide arch rally car kit :-)

The 222D is being done by someone I know and will be made available when the time comes.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

That'd be awesome Paul, i have always liked the mc8r since the first time i saw it, keeping an eye on this one

I'm coming over on Wednesday to slap you, you clowns boot! How about getting the silly car finished, the porker done, the mk2 2gr'd up and TRD kitted. That's not to mention the Dax that's not even started. Get the bloody things finished and then do something like that.

I nearly lost my breath when I took a look at that picture! Yes, you should develop a kit and somehow make it available in Ohio....

I hate agreeing with Phillis but he maybe correct, I personally would build a space framed kit car version with Lexus v8 using mk2 mr2 parts like windscreen suspension and such then your not only tapping the mr2 scene but the kit cars as well, secondhand cheap mk2 I could see them start going up in price as people buy them.

Nooo, it's aimed at the stock sw20 market, I don't want to make it LWB.

I say fair play - You're like me and need a couple of things on the go to keep you ticking along. When you're stuck on one, move onto another and it gives the old grey matter time to naturally resolve the problem, rather than getting frustrated and pissed off with it.

:thumbsup:
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Id want the font stuff...rear wings not so much..tube chassis rear end..
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast