Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Possible MC8R replica kit thread

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    The plan will be to replicate the front and rear 100% or as close to, the sideskirts and rear vent will be the areas that need modifying to suit a normal chassis. I'm going to buy a scrap Mk2, build the buck around it and once molded throw the car away.

It will be next year once i've finished off a few other projects, but i've had a hankering to do this for years now.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Firmly in the 'No' camp here...LOVE the original race cars but HATE the road version.

Without the novelty of the stretched wheelbase (which is the only thing that even vaguely makes it a 'replica'), it's just an MR2 with an extremely ugly bodykit. Which hardly anyone would recognise for what it's supposed to be.

Just my opinion of course, but there's so many much nicer things you could do with an SW20 IMO.

Thing is Geoff, the stretched wheelbase is actually what i think makes it look deformed, it just doesn't look right with the rear wheels extended that far back away from the cabin, i actually think the original looks quite ridiculous in that respect. I love the styling, looks perfect to me.

It's a bit of a marmite car, but the vast majority of people in the Mr2 world love it, and i'm one of them, it needs to be done.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

never know, SARD might have the moulds still, and wanna get rid of them....
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Somebody photoshop something so we can see better?

The car looks great to me. Would love to see a kit produced. Subscribed.
    Mk2 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon. Taxed, MOT'ed and insured! She's finished!

I prefer the longer wider wheel base using a tubular space frame, and who cares your only cutting up a mk2 its not as if there that rare or wanted yet.

Waits for all the mk2 owners scorn.

Tiggs nobody will buy a LWB version, there is no market for that.

added to the fact it'd be an insurance and registration nightmare as you've gone from "added a bodykit" to "radically altered vehicle"
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon View Post
    added to the fact it'd be an insurance and registration nightmare as you've gone from "added a bodykit" to "radically altered vehicle"
    Wouldn't you need to have an engineers test also if you modify the chassis like that?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast