Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Are They Now??!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Where Are They Now??!

According to the MK1.5 and the MK1.6 swap register there have been at least 50 MK1 V6 and Turbo swaps completed.

Some of them were totally amazing, restorations, rebuilds and refreshes of MK1's. Now I have barely seen 1 on ebay over the last couple of years, they seem to get built, sold and then disappear off the face of the earth?! I was thinking where the hell are they all?? Have they all rusted to pieces, are they now owned by people who can't use the internet, is someone secretly collecting all the V6 and Turbo mk1's in the UK?

If anyone knows the whereabouts of some of the beauties listed in the threads below, post them up here, I'd love to know what happened to Megatrons MK1 or Adam H's Blue Wide Arch 1.5! :-)

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/sho...-of-1-5-Owners

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/sho...-of-1-6-Owners

I know where one of those 1.6's is.... :eusa_shhh:

Penelope ended up going abroad - Poland I think. I know a couple succumbed to the tin worm, but the engines lived on in other swaps.
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon View Post
    I know where one of those 1.6's is.... :eusa_shhh:

Penelope ended up going abroad - Poland I think. I know a couple succumbed to the tin worm, but the engines lived on in other swaps.
    Your swap was finished in 2006 according to that......

I remember penelope going to Poland but then where is it now? Is it still going strong, wrapped round a lamppost, competing in gumball 2016?

Would be great if some of the present owners could update us.

When i bought the Karm, I saw Lodge's Mk1.6 in a collection of about 20 Mk1's, inc half a dozen superchargers. He even had a beetle, mini and lotus 7 powered by 4 age. Proper mk1 nut job, lives over Shrewsbury way.

Quote Originally Posted by jasper View Post
    When i bought the Karm, I saw Lodge's Mk1.6 in a collection of about 20 Mk1's, inc half a dozen superchargers. He even had a beetle, mini and lotus 7 powered by 4 age. Proper mk1 nut job, lives over Shrewsbury way.
    Wow, wonder if he had any of the rest of the swap list. Was he driving them or just collecting them to gather dust? Anyone with 20 mk1s must be a nutter or have a rust fetish?!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldy View Post
    Wow, wonder if he had any of the rest of the swap list. Was he driving them or just collecting them to gather dust? Anyone with 20 mk1s must be a nutter or have a rust fetish?!
    That was the only one I could see at the time. A mixture of both; he and his missus had a daily driver Mk1 each and then he rotated a few of the others. Most were collecting dust though. If I recall, it was a Stryker not a Lotus 7. That and the Beetle were up for sale at the time

Obviously he's a Mk1 nut if he was getting rid of a kackmelon..... :blabla:
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon View Post
    Obviously he's a Mk1 nut if he was getting rid of a kackmelon..... :blabla:
    Nik, make me Admin so I can ban this loon :)

Mk1.5 number 13 succumbed to rust so I put the engine in a mk3. Shell was sold to someone on here years ago (Luke Barron iirc) but it's not taxed or anything now so suspect scrap.

Is number 7 Mk1.6 Richard Brett's? If so, I have it.
    Mk1 3VZFE White
    Mk2 3SGE Red (TRD2000GT No.0001)
    Mk3 2GRFE Blue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast