Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Valtezza

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

Project Valtezza

Valtezza...... has the irishman lost his mind? The name is made up from a V6 engine (1mz vvti) and Toyota Altezza 6 speed gearbox for use in an inline RWD application.

Nobody has ever managed to mate these two together and install them into anything, in fact just getting a 1mz to sit flat in an engine bay is a massive challenge in itself, but big challenges are what makes me get up in the mornings.

I'm not saying just yet what this engine/gearbox combo will be going in to, but i will detail the process of mating engine to gearbox and the engine mods needed.

So far the parts we have are....

V6 vvti 1mz-fe
    Altezza 6 speed gearbox
    Beams lightweight flywheel
    Altezza LSD
    Altezza propshaft/rear axles.

Lots of exciting projects happening in 2018.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Following this one. Sounds intriguing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is this going to be a new gear box option???????????[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I'm interested to see the 60 degree V6, sit flat in an engine bay too. There's no doubt that you've got the skills to make it happen. Sounds fun and exciting!

Progressing nicely with the arrival of my custom made flywheel.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Was gonna ask what you were doing with the flywheel, the alteza one is thick and ugly, unless you go single mass.....

But like a serial masturbator......you have it in hand, (like always)

So is it our super helpful Toyota with a common bolt pattern(on the bell housing), or do you need an adaptor plate to change the mating angles?
    I may have to do something like this soon myself, mate wants to mazda v6 a mx5, with a manual rx7 trans.
    Last edited by sketchy; 24-01-2018 at 19:35.
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Several years ago i helped a member with his Beams 3s-ge install, and got this gearbox in exchange, so i checked out the fitment. Now a Beams 3s-ge is the same BH pattern/dowels as a regular Mk2 3s-ge, and a V6 fits on S54 gearboxes, so by that logic a V6 fits the Altezza BH/dowels and because the Beams 3s-ge sits straight in the Altezza (not canted backwards like it does in an Mr2) that means the V6 will sit straight bolted to that gearbox.

There are complications though, the starter motor location on the Altezza box won't work on the V6, it puts the starter into the left head (not really where you want it to be) , so i will be cutting out the starter boss and welding it back in further down, grinding out the block for clearance and fitting the smallest bodied starter i can find.

The starter has to go on the engine side and not on the gearbox side like an Mr2 would be, the pinion won't clear the flywheel, and would rotate the wrong way (unless i used Mr2 starter, but at this point it would become a huge headache).

All good fun!

So as mentioned the starter motor won't work in the stock altezza location, so the starter housing needs rotating around so the starter has clearance to the v6 block.

I came up with this jig idea that captures the starter housing and rotates on the release bearing snout, this will give a very good accuracy welding the housing back on.

It's a one time use jig really.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That's a simple solution to the starter placement, and the section you cut out for it, welds back in, with the same jig....
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Indeed it does, it looks a bit crude at this stage but that jig literally has to do one job then probably never use it again.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast