I bought a pair of what I was told were mr2 inner axles. In an 87 MR2 I lined up a short SC axle, the short driver side inner, a Solara E series box, and the presumably mr2t longer inner. I then test fit a 93 camry v6 outer axle. I only have 1 short SC axle, so I was hoping the +15mm would work out. To my surprise there is about 65mm overlap, ie I have 50mm more length somewhere than I expected. My best guess is that the inner I have is NOT from a mr2 turbo as I was told, but from something else. It is 17.5" or about 445mm long. I verified the known SC short axle and the camry axle were 15mm different as expected. My second best guess is nobody uses the solara transmission, they use the mr2 case and swap guts - is the diff in the solara E 153 wider? I already drilled the case and put the selector shaft into it from an SC mr2 E51.

Not really sure what my best bet is here now. I know there are some crazy suspension mods on this car - it does not seem likely that the track width could be reduced?? I think I will take a video tomorrow morning and post it on youtube to show whats up.