Thread: GT4 ST205 3SGTE to MK2 MR2 engine swap

GT4 ST205 3SGTE to MK2 MR2 engine swap

Hey guys, I have a 2.0 n/a mk2 mr2 with a blown engine and want to put a 3SGTE engine in its place.

This is my first mr2, but not my first engine swap, so I am familiar with automobiles in general.

What is required to get the 3SGTE engine from a GT4 ST205 Celica into an mr2?

Any advice or help would be much appreciated, or if there is a guide or good write up somewhere that would be awesome too, I have searched a lot on forums but could not find anything, hence the post!

Pics for interest:

Untitled by adderall 00 codine, on Flickr

The engine I want to swap in:

Thanks!

Hello and welcome!

Never done one myself, but an interesting project.

Engine mounts i think differ along with things like shifter cables and shafts, but there's no reason you couldn't use the MR2 N/A gearbox and shafts with the right clutch.

If you have both cars side by side you're on a winner. Much of what you need will be on one car or the other.

Chris.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    The engine harness will be no good to you, you need an Mr2 turbo loom, the Gt4 engine will need stuff swapping from an Mr2 turbo engine like coolant housings etc to the point where it would mean buying an Mr2 turbo engine for bits...... so unless the Gt4 engine is free or very cheap i'd start with an Mr2 engine.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here