Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help! Done some welding now my car won't start!

Some daft questions.....

Does everything else work, indicators, lights, CIG lighter. Anything else not working?

Also with IGN on, check you have +12v at BLACK/YELLOW & BLACK/RED. These should be live feeds to things like coil, fuel injection etc.

It will just give a better idea of what's offlined.

Also is there any aftermarket wiring under the seats? It tends to be one of the places to stuff alarm / immobiliser equipment.

C.

Thanks for the offer paul, if I was nearer to you I would have it to you asap!
    I really wish I was as I don't have a scooby with this thing. I'm a Honda man....

I really don't think it's a power issue. The battery is strong as an ox, it's still firing strong and I must have tried it 15 times.

All electrics work. Lights indicators, etc.

A weird thing just happened though. I went to switch on the lights and the charge cooler kicked in, just for a second.
    Then went off again??

Maybe it's an earth.

There are wires u see the seats and I nicked one of them with the grinder yesterday but it's not plugged into anything. I just presumed it was redundant wiring from the standard set up?

It's no longer very standard inside.

Okay, so I think given all that I would be looking at a relay failure. Weird that it happened right now, but as that Holmes bloke said, eliminate the impossible and whatever is left, no matter how improbable has to be the truth.

:)

I have checked the wires stated. They have 12v.

What relays do I need to check and how do you check them?
    Do I need a megger tester?

I'm guessing EFI relay would be a good start. Easiest way, swap it out, see if that fixes it.

Probably got a few, just tell me what you need and PM me some postage details i can get them out on Monday.

chris.

Thanks for your help mate.

I take it these are under the bonnet?

Also look around the battery just in case there is a stray wire that's not been connected, make sure that any extra wires on the battery are tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Charged V6 View Post
    Thanks for your help mate.

I take it these are under the bonnet?
    Efi relay is in the engine bay. Along with the COR and main.

C.

Took me a while to find it but I found the COR, it was taped to an extended loom behind my charge cooler in the boot. Tested it and it works.

http://s48.photobucket.com/user/ashl...F2840.mp4.html

Currently still head scratching :(

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast