Thread: Unknown connector on gearbox

Unknown connector on gearbox

Could anyone tell me what this sensor/connector is for on top of the gearbox housing and whether it's essential? We're fitting a new box and there doesn't seem to be any connector for it on the loom.

Looks like the reversing light switch, you should have a connector for that nearby

Thanks Deadly, that makes sense. There's nothing that will stretch but I think we may be missing a lead so need to have a look around.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Your reverse lights should have been wired up during conversion, look for a white plastic plug, long cylinder shaped around the base of the passenger rear strut tower.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Thanks Paul, I think we've found it but it doesn't stretch across to the sensor. I think Rogue used a patch cable but I had the car back off them only part assembled so I think they forgot to give me the cable. Will check tomorrow.

Low mileage Rev 1 gearbox now fitted and the car drives again. Thanks to Ian Wedge for a free gearbox and Vinny P for the free fitting - 2Crew support is the best!

Lets see how long this one lasts!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    A rev1..... about a week :)

Honestly hope it lasts forever, but they are inherently known to be weak.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here