Thread: What did you do with the Camry?

What did you do with the Camry?

Which parts of the Camry have a value? The automatic transmission? Are there still byers of these old car parts? Thanks for your assessment.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    My first Camry (going back to 2001) broke for £900 once i removed the engine, i sold almost everything, then the Camry floodgates opened and these days you will be lucky to sell more than £50 worth of parts from one, worth more in scrap to be honest.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Last time I tried to scrap one nobody was interested. At one point I could pull £100-£150 for the dead metal.

As said above, find the best scrap price you can. If it has good wheels and tyres, try hang on to them and sell separately.

C.

See the website "how many left" as there's not many v6 camrys for people to buy parts for as due to a glut of mr2 Camry killers the market was flooded with parts and those that are left are now clued up as to what an mr2 owner is going to do with there dear old dads pride and joy and so prices have gone up.
    I bet Lexus prices will rise as well in the future.

in NZ us mr2 guys have not made a huge dent in the market...

and the deadwood/trails trucks use the auto with the diff locked up(as the centre diff for the off road fun)..sold my last one for $250nz...could sell a truck load if I had them..
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    See the website "how many left" .
    That website info is vastly incorrect. I looked up "Evo Tommy Mac editions" a few years ago, it said there were about 10. I personally knew of 6 in my town alone!

Quote Originally Posted by nads1978 View Post
    That website info is vastly incorrect. I looked up "Evo Tommy Mac editions" a few years ago, it said there were about 10. I personally knew of 6 in my town alone!
    It's as good as dvla registration/taxation data. Were the maks imports ? Those are more difficult to track than a full homologated car like a Camry...which were largely dealer/manufacturer registered.