Um- No. My Maserati doesn't do anything at the moment except sit and smell funny. It doesn't even start.

Here's what happened:
10 days ago, I saw this car for sale within an hours drive of here. The guy wanted too way much money for it.

Here's why I wanted it in the first place:

Front Engine.
Rear Wheel Drive.
The entire car weight is 2590 pounds.
Four wheel disc brakes.
four wheel independent suspension.

It is a complete, intact car, good glass, solid (worth repairing) shell. These cars are not what I would consider "cool" and were never considered powerful or reliable, or very valuable, or well respected or drove particularly well.
BUT- if you factor in this car is automatic and I have a 1UZFE engine and automatic transmission, along with the fact that I skillfully worked this guy over for ten days of back and forth emails- I bought it cheap. It's a mess.

My plates are on it so I could have it towed free.. long story.

I am wearing a Lovely Northampton Saints Rugby shirt, sent by my good buddy Chris.
My son is wearing his similar shirt at school today, no doubt fielding many questions from the ladies.

The car has not been on the road since 1999 and has claimed to have only done 36,000 miles.

I'm not too sure I believe that, but this car is a lot more solid than the Triumph TR7 that I had previously chosen for this engine.

I am going to strip this car down almost 100%. I will repair the rust areas, because there are some guys on this board that would slap me in the face for crying about how little of it there actually is on this one. I am going to see what the value of the parts is, after stripping it out. It will be sort of a road legal, fire breathing dragon rally car. Cheaply built of course, so I'm not still crying next year, like I do every winter when it's time to sell.

Many beer drinking, grinder dust filled forum posts shall be coming your way this winter.