Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Automatic Transmissions. !!#$%*&$%!!!

Ah- That 2 wire speed sensor probably isn't connected to anything if it plugged into the cluster.

I will go and locate that yellow wire, but I bet it's just hanging in an empty plug. Back in ten min.

This is like a long-range bomb disposal!

Christ give yourself a slap paul. 3 wires at the speed sensor mounted in gearbox. 1 is ground 1 is live 1 is the signal.

Cut the signal wire a few inches from the wiring plug run a new wire from that wire (the bit still connected to the plug) to the vss wire on goldys device, then the other wire on goldys device goes to the ecu, trace the purple/white wire on your second diagram to the ecu it's that pin you attach to (before you ask in the second diagram you can see the yellow wire goes from the vss into the dash gauge and out on the v/w wire at the top this will lead to the ecu in the diagrams)
    Last edited by thomp1983; 16-07-2015 at 19:13.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Friggin Merkins.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

FFS DO it this getting unbearable :D

I'm struggling to understand how this thing actually starts and runs?!?

Because chris loves holding a man's hand so will have spoon fed him the relay stuff and as usual now it runs he's called it a win and fucked off instead of finishing it

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Here's the deal, there are two VSS sensors. One at the tailshaft and one up near the bellhousing. Both have TWO wires each. Not 3.

The one up front of the box, called Sensor one, has a yellow wire that is supposed to go to the gauge cluster. That is the one that sends signal to the SPD wire, through the cluster. I can't find it in the loom, or at least a wire that is continuous, so I'll run a new wire from that sensor, to the device. That should be it.

I think.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast