Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Automatic Transmissions. !!#$%*&$%!!!

Ok! They're fine without me today, because I did all of the heavy lifting (metaphorically of course) yesterday.

I can pay up to $10.00 per hour and all the beer you can drink with free bacon cheeseburgers! Come on across!
    If I were rich I would just send a jet for you lot :laugh2:

Quote Originally Posted by Grenade View Post
    I can pay up to $10.00 per hour and all the beer you can drink with free bacon cheeseburgers! Come on across!
    If I were rich I would just send a jet for you lot :laugh2:
    Don't say that to Chris it will cost you more in beer than a private jet!

Oh don't worry- I budget in plenty of beer for this house... :)

I just began to install the VSS device. I have a question before I get twisting:
    There are two Vehicle speed sensors. Do I just splice in the GREY wire on your device to this SP2+ wire coming out of the ECU? (pin 9 Plug C)Strip a little bit back and tie the GREY wire into it?

Or this wire?

It's not that one it's the SPD input

The bottom diagram shows the circuit my Box replaces

Look at the diagram on page 1 of this thread. The wire that goes into pin 12 (SPD) on your ecu needs to be cut and the grey wires connected into it.

Ok, the bottom pic shows a R-L power wire going into the circuit that your box replaces. Then it shows two wires going into the gauge cluster. A yellow and a white.
    Not sure what to do here. I want to pick up 12V and an earth, that's easy. I see the SPD going into the ECU, that's for the Grey with black heatshrink wire. No problem there, that's pin12 plug A on the ECU.

Just not sure where to pick up the correct VSS signal to go INTO the device's grey wire.

What is it your speed sensor currently connected to? I think you need to connect the other grey wire to the yellow one from the speed sensor.

I get it, I think. Cut the SPD wire, pin 12 plug A on the ECU.
    Connect the grey with black shrinked wire to the ecu side of the cut wire. The grey wire on your device ties into the other side of the wire I just cut.
    Yes?

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast