Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Automatic Transmissions. !!#$%*&$%!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    Hahaha. One thing, I love Mexicans. Mexican food, Mexican work ethic and all the rest. Those people are cool. It's the Brits I don't like hahahaha Just Kidding

I like the Brits, you guys keep me from going crazy/crazier and banging a terrorist with a gun or whatever that guy was hollerin' about. Hahaha Don't like American sports either unless it has an Engine and at least two or more wheels...

Really funny and 99% accurate. I'm not going out in the garage today, that car is mean to me.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    i dunno, invade a country under the guise of overthrowing terrorism to exploit its natural oil resources, that seems to make you guys high five the shit out of one another..... just sayin. :)
    Dunno, we brits were pretty keen on this back in the day :)

We still are but we've learnt to let our americun cousins go first now after all it's only good manners.

Yeah but we don't do any of this mamby pamby high 5 shit just because they remembered to serve fries with it!!!

I'm also interested what American sport that has an engine & only 1 wheel, sounds like real fun

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post

I'm also interested what American sport that has an engine & only 1 wheel, sounds like real fun

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I was expecting more like this

just in case relays are baffling you, have a read of this
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Wow, I didn't know there were one wheeled engine things, but leave it to crazy ass Americans to come up with them!
    I got involved pretty heavy with a project at work and then this weekend is Motocross racing. I'll get back to the Mazishitty next week. When Goldy's device arrives I'll go back and give it another shot. I have a decent understanding of relays, but I'll read that too Jiff.

The trouble I was having is that my relays are not activating an earthed wire like in the diagram. Mine are sort of chained together in a "one after the other" configuration, activating each other's 12V hots.
    I'll do it the way it is in the diagram, but I have to re-arrange some other 12V wires and I got all flustered the other day and didn't feel like changing it all around. I'll do it early next week.

Let's see if I can go and get myself a WIN out on the track against other once fast and daring, now middle aged & angry blokes all riding powerful dirt bikes. Even a top 5 with no injuries and I'm super happy. That will give me a nice break and some confidence boosters for getting back in that yellow and black demon in the garage...

Quote Originally Posted by Grenade View Post
    Wow, I didn't know there were one wheeled engine things, but leave it to crazy ass Americans to come up with them!
    I got involved pretty heavy with a project at work and then this weekend is Motocross racing. I'll get back to the Mazishitty next week. When Goldy's device arrives I'll go back and give it another shot. I have a decent understanding of relays, but I'll read that too Jiff.

The trouble I was having is that my relays are not activating an earthed wire like in the diagram. Mine are sort of chained together in a "one after the other" configuration, activating each other's 12V hots.
    I'll do it the way it is in the diagram, but I have to re-arrange some other 12V wires and I got all flustered the other day and didn't feel like changing it all around. I'll do it early next week.

Let's see if I can go and get myself a WIN out on the track against other once fast and daring, now middle aged & angry blokes all riding powerful dirt bikes. Even a top 5 with no injuries and I'm super happy. That will give me a nice break and some confidence boosters for getting back in that yellow and black demon in the garage...
    OK, so the next vital bit of 12v sparky knowledge to impart is thus: (remember, you wanted stuff dumbed down)
    There's 2 ways to switch stuff.

take the simplest of circuits - A light bulb.
    12V one side, eath the other, it'll light. Now, you want to switch it on and off yes? Where do you put the switch?
    99% of people think "switch the positive". And that's fine.
    1% of people will switch the earth. And that's better.

Just cos something has 12v, doesn't mean it'll work. Think about the earth. Where is it earthing and why.

Hopefully, you know this stuff and I'm simply teaching my grandma to suck eggs. #confusetheamericanwithsayings
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Nope, you're right. I switch the hot on everything. It never occurred to me to switch the earth because if something is melting, and it's urgent, you want to cut the power feed.
    I'll have your grandma's sucky eggs because I don't understand why I would switch the earth and leave the power on to something?
    #confusedbymostthingsreally lol

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast