Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Shakedown & Evaluation

Oh, the ebay Views jumped up from around 800 to 3,200+ views and 109 watchers in less than 18 hours.
    HA! I know it doesn't mean anything as far as sales are concerned, but holyshit that car is certainly on THE MAP.
    Maybe something really good will come from all this.
    But if you think about it, the way we all got it running and the way you guys all cheered me on from the beginning, something already has.

That's the idea to give club members a hand or a kick in the happy sack if they don't pull there finger out of there arse.

And it works. I'll get back into that car hopefully by the end of the week, damn work...

Quote Originally Posted by Grenade View Post
    But if you think about it, the way we all got it running and the way you guys all cheered me on from the beginning....
    Well all of us and the beer thread, you mean. :hidesbehi:

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Beer and Beer for all!
    I've got the DTC Engine codes on the Mazzerusty, Lexeratti or whatever we're calling it these days.

We have a Code 12 which points to an RPM Signal #1 and we have a #42 VSS vehicle speed sensor signal which points to sensor #1. I ASSUME.
    I've only just started reading up on these things.
    Can the masters of Toyota's and all that study around here add any info to this quest before I have to start spending money on shit I don't need?

I'll bet that's why she's sluggish...

Ok- now that I know it's in Limp Mode, I don't want to sell it anymore! lol Screw it, nobody's biting on it anyway. Besides, If I work out these two DTC's, I bet you she pulls like I was hoping it would. Then it's time for the suspension upgrades...

I still owe major smoking videos.

The 42 won't cause issues, normally there's a signal from the gearbox speed sensor to the speedo and then from the speedo back to the ecu, iirc at the dawn of time when people first put v6's in mr2's this hadn't been discovered so a lot had this fault code but it doesn't affect the running, having said that they were all manuals. If your using the lexus speedo you can fix it, if you can remember wiring your v6 mr2 it was the puple and purple/white wires in the wiring guide.

The rpm signal id guess is something similar if your not using the lexus tacho the ecu won't be getting a signal it expects

OK, cool, that's a place to start. I was reading on several of the Lexus sites and they say that both of those codes will send it into limp mode. I want to ohms test both sensors and then make sure the signal is getting to the ECU. I knew something was wrong with this thing. Oh and by the way, PM me and I'll send your blue tooth thing back. It helped. I will do a live data capture with it after I get these codes sorted and then save the file and send you the dingleberry thing, I appreciate it.

Hang onto it till your completely done paul there's no rush

The SPD pin on the ECU takes a 5v signal whereas Speed Sensor No. 1 generates a 12v signal. They shouldn't be connected together without converting the 12v signal down to 5v. Normally the Combination Meter (i.e dial cluster) does this.

Without the SPD signal the ECU won't be shifting the transmission at the optimal shift points, it's fail safe strategy is probably to shift into top gear as soon as possible.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast