1234567 ...

thread: The Real Shakedown & Evaluation

Mar 2005
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Yes i agree, on reflection perhaps it is not rear diff or auto box related, it should still be pulling like a train..... perhaps it is in safe mode etc...

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Sep 2007
    stockport
    I bet there's some thing missing ecu side and its defaulted to safe mode, could that be why the original car ended up in a pickapart.

Sep 2010
    Earls Barton
    It just sounds very muted. Either there's a restriction physically, timing out, exhaust blocked (it is pretty quiet) or there is an electronic constraint of some sort.

But it should be mental.

Chris.

Sep 2010
    Earls Barton
    Few things to try here.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls40...lems-help.html

Did you try the other ECU (the one you didnt toast?) Might be worth doing the coil tests too.

Also PLUG THE BLUETOOTH JOBBER IN and see if theres any codes.

Come on, get out of bed, you could get an hour in the garage before work...

:)

Dec 2012
    Cleveland Ohio USA
    Yawn.....
    Scratch scratch Erm...
    Rubs eyes..

The exhaust isn't plugged. It's louder now that I took those tips off. I was thinking that I should connect that dingleberry thing again while driving it.
    There's a whole group of guys jackhammering floors in a school building today waiting for me to tell them how deep to dig...

I'll be back in about 6-9 hours....

Sep 2010
    Earls Barton
    Oh my god, now you're famous chico! It even made the homepage (http://bringatrailer.com/)

http://bringatrailer.com/2015/06/29/...erati-biturbo/

:)

"Even if you don’t care for the car it is hard not to respect the builders abilities. Just imagine what they could do with a bigger budget."

"even Carroll Shelby had to start somewhere."
    Last edited by cdwood2010; 30-06-2015 at 15:23.

Aug 2007
    Shame they can't count to 6 (re the wheels)...

Apr 2012
    Newark, Notts
    The bluetooth dongle won't read fault codes it just logs live data. He needs to bridge te1/e1 for and have a check light for fault codes

Mar 2012
    Rotherhithe
    Your dash is 'kin awesome. It does sound like the auto box is getting in the way of the engine.

Really good video :)

Dec 2012
    Cleveland Ohio USA
    Some of the comments on that site are awesome.

Lots of people talk about doing stuff, we actually do it. I don't mind the negative ones because out of 51 comments- some people really get it. As far as the engine is concerned I have to see if there's any codes again. There weren't any before, maybe some popped up.

They're linking to the retro rides thread and mentioning the you tube channel and talking about it on Twitter. I consider it a major win. I'll figure out the running aspect over the next few days, it's just so much fun, I could almost walk away from it and be satisfied.

I won't though. It's still going to shred. If you guys think that there's more in there, I'll keep digging.

1234567 ...

•