Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Shakedown & Evaluation

Icon11 The Real Shakedown & Evaluation

Ok, we got all the lights working, trans, everything.

I'm not sugar coating any of it.
    This is the real deal on how this car came out.

Technically it's not supposed to be out on the road yet so I'm not going to beat the living shit out of it because if I get pulled over by the cops- that will be very bad.
    Not worth the risk.

But this is the true evaluation of the car.

I'm starting a series of videos and this is the first one. If I can't get a cool job, I'll just make one. Kind of like my builds...

This is the only forum I am posting this with as of now and it's unlisted at the moment.
    No fluff, no bullshit. Honest talk about the build.

Dude are you sure you got all your gears selecting. You should have 4 gears on that auto box if not it would be a bit slow potentially.

I think a classic car like that is all about the noise and experience, they all rattle it being Italian and all!

Yeah, it's shifting into all four. It's better with that "A" plug, pin 4 connected to 12V. I'll run it around a few more days to get it to learn. Maybe it'll somehow develop another 150HP because that's what it needs...

It is probably a lot quicker than you think, speed can be deceiving on a v8 auto with no speedometer :-)

That's entirely possible, but I'm basing it off that seat of your pants "pull" feeling. It just seems to gently get louder but not pull hard at all.
    Tomorrow I'll run the GPS speedometer. It's also acting like a Lexus, even though I dressed it up like a slutty drag racer.
    The heart of a relaxation therapist but wearing whore's clothing lol

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Great video, really, that was very professionally done.

I still think your performance issues are auto box related, they destroy decent attempts to put the power down, the engine is a slave to the auto box...... on a manual it will be much more free revving, you control the shift point, those 1uzs like to rev!

My 944 will be really quick despite weighing more than the Mazzer, it's all down to that gearbox for me.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLLwe6CDEIc

a lot of those guys run 1uz's all carb's(rules say so) with an off the shelf manifold. 430-470BHP at up to 9k rpm is the normal sorts of numbers

running a quickchange diff(worm and wheel) and usually something like a zf trans.they are nothing like slow...the are pulling 150km/hr at the end of each straight(whole track is 401m round the pole line, that grass area inside the track is a full size rugby ground). weigh 1400-1500Kg(rules again, and they are weighed pre meeting, and after race's sometimes too)
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Someone also mentioned rear diff gearing, it could be long as shit now going through the auto box and could possibly have a ridiculous top end speed...... eventually!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Thanks, I see complete morons with you tube channels that make money, so I decided that I would start doing a video series. If it earns any money or even gets any views, I'll buy real cameras and microphones and take more than 3 hours to write, shoot and edit a clip! My son and I did that film in literally about 20 minutes in the back of our neighborhood. I just made some notes before we set off. Editing takes the longest.

Anyway, on to the car and it's engine:
    I have it for sale all over the USA right now. I'm asking about 5500 USD. That's like $3300 quid. Ish.

If it sells, great. If it doesn't, I am going to have to fix the suspension. If that happens, I will use a rear diff that will actually have gears that can be changed out. Better suspension would be awesome on this car and I've driven Automatic cars with tons of power so gears would really help.

After all that, if It's good enough and I want to keep it, I can look at ITB's and or a Manual box. Sounds to me like a money pit.

When it comes to the selling of custom cars, modified cars or even daily drivers, the buyers want you to lose many thousands. That goes for me too. I buy low and sell high. Putting more expensive mods into this car, makes no sense at all. Why would I do it?
    Just to prove that I can? Right now, I might actually make a small profit from selling it. Not really if you consider all the labor hours, but I consider that classroom time and well worth the effort to gain the experience.

I have a plan for the next thing, and it doesn't involve this car. If nobody wants it, I'll have to keep going on it with more power, modern suspension etc because I'm not one to give up that easily.

Either way, no matter how it turns out, the cameras will be rolling, let's just hope my videos are better than my car builds hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Someone also mentioned rear diff gearing, it could be long as shit now going through the auto box and could possibly have a ridiculous top end speed...... eventually!
    I've driven a lexis ls400 and they pull like a train even with the autobox it shifts a 2 ton limo effortlessly I should imagine it would be brutal in a stripped out maserati made of tin foil

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast