Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Head Gasket

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Head Gasket

Bought the Celica with head gasket issue but looking at it once I've taken the head of there is nothing obvious, however on taking the sump off I was welcomed with this

Anyone know if D1FA are the standard size for the big end bearings?

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
    Anyone know if D1FA are the standard size for the big end bearings?
    the shell you have to get the numbers of rods 1,2,3,4 there be on them there all standard but all diff sizes , yes got take them big bolts of to get to mains and there is some smaller ones at the side :)

OKay I'll ask another question as you didn't like that one :D

Do I have to undo the 4x huge Allen bolts to split this to get to the mains

from that pic, Id say yes....

but the top view would help make sure:)
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Looking at that sump, you definitely want to swap a 1ZZ sump on to it afterwards!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

I've heard of that but not the reason, I figure on getting it all stripped & then taken to the engine machine shop & let them put it in their dishwasher to give the block & hopefully oil ways a good swill out. Not sure that it will work on the crank & camshafts need to ask them about it.

Also believe I've read somewhere there are a couple of mesh filters on the block, not looked for them yet

Look here for the filter locations - not in the block, in the head.

1ZZ sump is baffled - I'm genuinely shocked to see how shite the 2zz one is!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

The 1zz baffled sump is crap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast