Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone tell me what these are?

Quote Originally Posted by nads1978 View Post
    Sorry, David Bailey was busy
    :rofl:

Earth for the gearbox comes straight from the battery clamp; have you still got the charcoal cannister? sits on the O/S inner wing near the strut?
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

No canister, but I think that it's what should be connected to it (O/S? Think it's N/S, well, on the left, correct?).

Gearbox Earth is present and correct, this is an additional one. Only reaches as far as starter mounting bolts, so there it lives! I have thinned loads of unnecessary bits from the loom, so it's possible it was from that, or possible it was flapping in the wind. I made a comprehensive list of every step I took in removing the engine, that item wasn't on it.

211130_7701_0001.jpg

So you can see there it goes from the tank lid to charcoal cannister - there's then a vacum pipe from the charcoal canister to a VSV to engine vacuum.
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

So, what should I do with it? I don't want to instal a charcoal thingy and probably best not left open, or closed for that matter.
    I ordered a one way valve to stop the tank getting negative pressure. Should I get another valve, plumb in parallel and flip it around to stop positive pressure too?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12