Thread: Found a Good Fake Zonda

Found a Good Fake Zonda

This forum? It's all serious replica builders. I thought I would share the "good" fake Zonda.

I was going to join the forum but I don't have the shop, the skills, the money or the well, any of it. These guys are for real

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...ica-build.html

But have a poke around once there. Crazy awesome some of the shit these guys can do.

Enjoy

Oh, and see if anyone can figure out what engine this guy is using?

M120 Mercedes-Benz v12... Looks like a Porsche or Audi gearbox. That exhaust it totally Amazing the guy has some real fabrication skills. It's nice to see a replica not made out of cardboard, expanding foam and body filler!

Quote:
    Hey Nick, i'm running a 4l lexus motor with a audi tdi box. I will fit two t3/t4 garrets with intercoolers.
    Next one i will also be using the audi motor.
    I like the toyota as it revs, & its light on fuel for everyday use plus i havnt broken one yet & they are dirt cheap here in SA.

I recognized it right away. He says this will be sold for 110 USD.

I did see a Merc V12 in the mocked up body by the end of the tread. I'm still reading it all....
    Last edited by Grenade; 05-06-2015 at 12:33.

Here is the guy's other build:

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/...i-f40-replica/

He twin turboed another 1UZ for this car too. They say 800bhp.

Yeah, I think I'm sticking with this engine for a while.

I like the guy's attitude- he is also quoted as saying this:
    If you don't start building something you will never know if you have the skills or not. Even if you don't finish a project you will always learn something new from it, and how to do it better the next time round.
    Cheers Jose'
    Last edited by Grenade; 05-06-2015 at 12:29.

Yep that's the money shot right there

Speaking of money, I wrote in an above post that the Zonda replica will be sold for 110 USD, that's $110,000.00 Wow.

the f40 rep...there was a really good one built here, carbon fibre cans, twin turbo 1uz. freaky fast.....

the web address on the sill points to it;)
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!