Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cavegods Celica V6 swap

ok question time again.

whats the part no. for the flywheel bolts.

do i use the camry starter

is there a write up for de egr'ing

whats the best air filter to fit

will 2 pk paint be ok on the cam covers etc

one for Mr Woods, how did you adapt the power steering for the celica pump.

I'm sure i'll have more questions as i start.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Use the 3vz PS pump and make a new pipe from it to the rack, on my latest gen7 v6 project luckily the pipe will just work.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Ok started the Camry strip down by remiving exhaust system.

Rear manifold bolts undid ok both front bolts sheared :-( hopefully i can get the sheared stud out!

Drill the studs out completely, fit decent nuts and bolts. Much easier to manage.

C.

ok I nearly sorted the celica wiring out and labelled the wires ect,

couple of wires i cannot locate on the wiring diagrams, in the celica font fuse box on the big engine plug with thick white alt wirestheres a green wire/silver dots and a black white stripe wire i need to know what they do ta.

Ive a spare front manifold if yours is beyond salvage. Id also replace your rear manifold with another front one the front ones flow better

Thomp1983, where will the front manifold place the exhaust at the rear?

Also I'm looking at air filters now,

what do people suggest?

using a front manifold at the rear just moves the downpipe more to one side it's no extra trouble if your fabbing your own downpipes anyway.

if you really want to get into making a proper exhaust ive a set of watercut manifold flanges here so you could make your own manifold too exactly how the exhaust chris posted was.

air filter you want the biggest cone or foam filter you can get that fits in the vent opening that has the same diameter as the rubber intake hose so theres no restriction in it, ive always like hks mushroom filters and used them on a lot of cars they come with different diameters and colours so you can choose what suits your build

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12