Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's a Tasty 2GR MR2

Here's a Tasty 2GR MR2

Looks like he has done this swap from the internet, Dude's from Canada. This Webisode is with a reasonably famous car guy from over here.

He takes a 2GR out for a drive.

Hey I wonder if he thinks it's worth 24K?

lol

Cool car though.

Ah yeah I have been watching a bunch of those one takes. Think he would have been more impressed if it had some Gouky headers and running on proper rated fuel. Still a really good review of what we are all about :)

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Mr2s in the US fetch much higher prices than the UK, i've seen bone stock Mk1s changing hands for $10k.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

our prices are mad for cars - we refuse to pay 5k for a mint converted MK1, but will happily buy a shed of one for 2k, then a donor car for the engine, then the parts and before we know we're approaching 10k and still haven't finished it....
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon View Post
    our prices are mad for cars - we refuse to pay 5k for a mint converted MK1, but will happily buy a shed of one for 2k, then a donor car for the engine, then the parts and before we know we're approaching 10k and still haven't finished it....
    Attachment 2951
    White man talk with much common sense! - but is it the prices that are mad or those in the market that drive them ever upwards? I have great respect for the 'home build' brigade and if enjoyment and fulfilment is obtained along the way, I think that's great. I do find some of the threads/posts a bit curious when anyone has put bucket loads of cash and time into their 'project' and then spends ages on this forum trying to discover why it won't work. Manufacturers spend millions on R&D for a reason. I suppose I was fortunate in that I saved the money to fulfil my personal dream, Paul Woods waved his magic wand ( yes I know that sounds wrong!), and I have an interesting (and totally reliable) car. What you say Jiff, about the sum of the parts being disproportionate is something I have thought for a long time - but aren't we all lucky to have that choice? ��

Sure, dead mint, all original MR2's are selling for 10K and up. The V6 swapped and or modified? Pssshhh I don't care what anyone says, one of those will never bring close to 20K in the USA. I have seen full custom, right & left hand drive, 100% show car examples with no expense spared barely reach 12K. Dude's NUTS that thinks because it's a '95 and it has a 2GR that it's worth 24k. Friggin' dreaming. I wish he would have put it on ebay several times so he could see the reality of it. Not this car in the above video mind you, I'm referring to the other captain dreamer guy that said his was worth 24. Shall remain nameless because it's like pissing in the wind trying to argue on the internet. The market here? No Effin way.

It's stupid to think that you can extract more than $10k out of an mk1 or mk2 here in North America. I can get them appraised as high as $15k bone stock with a v6 swap, however the car would only sell for $8k in my experience. Cars priced like that make me happy I get my minty fresh examples for less than $1000 USD :p Can't wait to get an mk3 in great shape for less than $6k haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenade View Post
    Looks like he has done this swap from the internet, Dude's from Canada. This Webisode is with a reasonably famous car guy from over here.

He takes a 2GR out for a drive.

Hey I wonder if he thinks it's worth 24K?

lol

Cool car though.
    That's my car, thanks! I doubt I could get $24k out of it. I'm sure there's quite a bit more in it than that even when this was filmed (~2.5 years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by racerADS View Post
    Ah yeah I have been watching a bunch of those one takes. Think he would have been more impressed if it had some Gouky headers and running on proper rated fuel. Still a really good review of what we are all about :)
    I've had the Gouky headers before I bought anything else for the car!

Quote Originally Posted by immorality View Post
    That's my car, thanks! I doubt I could get $24k out of it. I'm sure there's quite a bit more in it than that even when this was filmed (~2.5 years ago).

I've had the Gouky headers before I bought anything else for the car!
    Love this 2. What exhaust is on it BTW. Sounds fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks!!

The exhaust is a TCS Motorsports 3" Greddy SP replica that they did a run of a couple years ago, with a custom made y-pipe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast