Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The LEX has landed!

These cars go VERY WELL! in a light chassis, they'll be explosive on a manual box
    The 205 Gti is the FWD demon, the MK1 MR2 the RWD GOD!

does 0-60 in 8secs in a car that weighs over a 1000lb more than the mk1 so should make for an exciting ride!
    my names dave......

Chortle indeed. Will love to see this unfold.

One question tho, when is big, "too" big? :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by OlberJ
    One question tho, when is big, "too" big? :lol:
    When you have to sit on the engine......but that still wouldn't stop of these nutters:laugh2:
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.
    The rest I just squandered.
    George Best

Wow, that will be one mighty MR2 when its finished Paul. I'll post you a big metal shoehorn and some industrial strength monkey grease, I think you need it !

You're a loopy fruitcake, but good luck maaaan !

rotflmao

nice one paul!!but there is one question to ask ?if you do this ..... where do you go after that???????:roll: :shifty:

^^ padded cell?.

theres three steps after that v10/12/Wmofo16.
    *munch
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    lol thanks for the support fellow nutcases,ive tossed n turned all night mulling over exactly what im going to do with this engine.....im back where i started 2 years ago,i had a lovely mk1 turbo but wanted to build a v6.But as soon as i started building the v6 i realised it would be totally impractical to keep two such cars,so the finished one had to go so i could put all my time and effort into just one car.

Now the same dilemma is here....if i build another car i would have to let one go,now theres no way on gods earth lily is going,ive just done too much work to that car.....so that only leaves one option.

Yep it looks like im going to pull the v6 out and use the v8 having not even driven the car 1 mile....thats insane but needs must! opinions? what would you do?

Paff if you are def going MS then all you need is the engine and as much stuff from the soarers engine bay as you can possibly get (too much isnt a problem,too little leaves you parts hunting).You will at the least need the engine harness so you can use the injector plugs/sensor plugs to wire up onto the MS.Isnt it easier to just wire up the soarers ECU? thats all im going to do,theres no theft deterent ecu on this lex and it appears to be OBD1 as well = piece of piss to get running.

malcolm without stirring up a storm in NZ i appreciate all the work wayne has done and i know he has invested a lot of time in making the bellhousing adapter for the E series tranny but to charge over £1000 for what is essentially a flat plate with holes in it is madness in my opinion,its not that he doesnt deserve to get paid for his efforts but im going to make exactly the same adapter plate for this engine and then the CAD files for that will be given away for free here on TB,thats my nature i suppose,it will be free to anyone who wants it,i just dont agree with him charging so much for what will become free to all very soon,ive even offered to pay for his CAD files but no.....no help at all. SO! it wont cost anyone else a penny for the CAD's i come up with,thats the TB way.Information/diagrams/templates have never cost anything on TB and never will,all thats ever asked is a voluntary donation to help our lord n master out!

Anyway back on topic,i'll be pulling the lex apart one day next week weather permitting,by the way does anyone want anything for free from this bad boy before i ebay stuff? the steering wheel has position memory,it does a little robotic dance when you switch the ignition on :blabla: u gotta love cool toys.

(cheers rick but ive got the lexus EPC too! )

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Stick the electric memory seats in your mk1 :hidesbehi

The big question is..... is this going to be ready by jae? :shifty:

Goldy suggesting that is almost as bad as suggesting using an auto box for the mk1.
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast