Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V6 to MK3 Idiot Guide

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Unfortunately just getting it to hung stage is a major mission, the Mk3 V6 really is putting an engine in a hole where it really doesn't want to go, just about everything needs modifying to work..... i'll help where i can though.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Mine has an S54, which only differs from the St202 (correct me if I'm wrong), by having the gear selector linkage to the fwd end of the gearbox, the St 202 has it at the rear. While Paul has perfected an elegant solution utilising the MK3 shifter for the St 202 box, using a modified mk2 linkage on S54 is probably easier to achieve at home.

I have some wiring diagrams I made from tracing my looms, I hope to have it completed before my car is on the road in the coming weeks. You can copy all you need from that, however, my CEL has no bulb, because it's always on (according to previous owner), something I hope to rectify in future.

Axle bearing bracket - I'll draw mine up, while its off the car.

The crossmember/subframe mods are fairly simple, although my recent one (see other thread) where I made clearance for the manifold, probably can be avoided by using the fwd manifold on the rear, or extending the existing manifold, so the joint is further under the crossmember. Not adjacent to it.

My right hand engine mount is probably not as elegant as Paul's, but I don't think there is a plate welded to the chassis.

Plus, anytime you need to check something, I get the excuse to go for a drive.

V6 to MK3 Idiot Guide

Here are a few pics covering some of your questions.

All engine/gearbox mounts (to be cleaned/rebushed [is rebushed a word?!] if necessary):

Standard(?) RHS mount point

Hatch
    Last edited by nads1978; 12-05-2015 at 18:17.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12