Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1MZ ECU pinout &/or wiring info

Check the garage facilities I've moved twice just to get a better garage lol

That ECU comes up as a few different applications. It doesn't really matter. What does matter is this.......

Pin locations tend to be constant, but colours change. Don't trust it to be obvious or easy. Identify a pin, tone it out and see where it goes. Some wires will have multiple stops on the way, so don't assume you've found it straight away.

Get a tone tester from eBay or maplins, the type if thing BT use to find a single wire in a thousand. It will save you a lot of time.

Leave the multi blocks alone if you can, unless there is actually dead wire.

And document as much as you can, just in case when you put the engine back in it doesn't start.

Good luck! :-0

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    Get a tone tester from eBay or maplins, the type if thing BT use to find a single wire in a thousand.
    Oops should have mentioned this the other day Nath you could have taken one back with you :icon_rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    Check the garage facilities I've moved twice just to get a better garage lol
    The house is not for me, I'm okay with my garage, was in the criteria for the house move, never got enough storage though!

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    ...but colours change.
    Yeah, noticed some colour differences yesterday. Nothing like continuity of equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
    you could have taken one back with you
    Doh! I think I'll get one, will probably be handy for work too.

I have the Maplin one was about £16 when I bought mine good few years ago though, if you need the link let me know

Arrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhh!!!!!
    Getting there!

2 things:

1) I'm still having trouble identifying what this is.
    It isn't the coolant temp sensor, it has a single blue wire that goes back to the ECU but connects nowhere.

2) Is there any diagnostics capability? OBD etc. If so, I can't fathom it from the diagrams, how many wires should there be & where to? I am happy using the 'paperclip' method of initiating a diagnostic sequence on the dashboard, but have no port to short out.

I have a butchered diagnosis port. Is this what I need to reconnect?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast