Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Engine overhaul questions

Haha, it's my engine
    The yellow thing is the fuel pulsation damper.
    When you run the fpr off the end of the rail you only need to use 2 ports, what you can't see in that pic is the return coming out the bottom

oic, learnt summat new there (happens a lot).

Has that paid off in horses, or have to fitted it to accommodate other mods?

And apologies if you're repeating something i should remember from a build thread! ;p

c.

I fitted it in anticipation of fitting a Trd supercharger but before that happened I dropped a 2gr in
    Not sure if it made much difference in n/a form but I did have the fuel pressure slightly above stock and it never smelt rich and ran very well

Aha, will probably wait until I fit the SC then.
    Thanks for the replies guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Lasse View Post
    It´s been a long time, but things tend to take time with a toddler running around...
    But I have atleast done a bit of headwork (done by myself, not much, but everything helps right? ), painted some parts, glass blasted the heads, skimmed the heads, new valve guides on the exhaust valves (inlet ones was ok) new valve seals and baffled my sump.
    How do you guys think about reusing the headbolts? I was at my local mr T dealer, to order some parts, and the guy there said it was no use in ordering new ones, just reuse the old ones... But I´m a little sceptic.

A few pics says more than a thousand words:
    That's a nifty little baffle for the sump.....i might have to do that myself. As I'm building a toy car..
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Keep the ACIS as Toyota intended, they didn't fit it for fun, they fitted it because it adds power.

It in fact works the opposite to what you read on most internet forums. When closed it effectively lengthens the intake runner (from throttle body to valve) decreasing it's resonant frequency = best flow at lower RPM. When the valve opens it decreases the effective length (from plenum to valve) and also increases the effective plenum volumes increasing it's resonant frequency = best flow at higher RPM. This is a crude way of having variable intake length.

This is explained in section 9 of the technical description.
    http://www.mr2.com/files/mr2/techinf...Data/3vzfe.pdf

Nice. There's a good explanation of the overall technology on Wikipedia, and yes I read some conflicting stuff from internet fucknuggets before I made a point of understanding what it actually does.

People disconnect them, remove them completely or sometimes do something in between. It's pretty hilarious watch clueless people fuck with things they don't understand.

That being said, most cars are tuned to a sensible compromise between three things - power, economy and driveability. You can shift the balance of any or all of these at a cost, for example you can tweak a car for awesome economy, but performance will obviously be impacted. You can increase power, but economy and driveability will take a hit.

People have had some success with acis mods, but unless you drive like miss daisy all the time, or drive WOT in the red all the time, I doubt very much that you will see any gains.

I do tend to ditch the canister on most 3vz swaps and some 1mz swaps, usually because the cans are twatted, but generally because it takes the soft on / off away. I'm sure that worked in Cammy, but nobody wants a gentle ride in a V6 MR2 do they? (Except maybe John....)

:)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234