Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonnet vent

Bonnet vent

Hello everyone, I'm looking into doing the bonnet vent mod of my beams mr2 and just want to find out does this actually create much more down force? I know you need to re angle the radiator to get any benefits.

Could people please post a picture of what they have done with the frunk and radiator please.

ross

Will not produce any down force but If done properly will reduce front end lift. I remounted the rad in zombie with a bonnet vent and is worth noting its so efficient at throwing warm air up over the car is nearly impossible to get totally cool air via the dash vents worth noting if you don't have A/C.

Done a subtle one on mine.

its done so that I didn't have to cut the front bulkhead, but is hopefully enough to stop the front end going light at higher speeds.
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

I do like those have a nice punched out profile to them.

Has any body thought of rather than slanting down to the rad |/ why not do something like on the engine hood a raised flap to create a suction effect

Thanks guys.

I've looked at your build thread for the zombie nic very nice car.

I really like the look of them holes in the bonnet jeff I'm intrigued to know how much that would help.

I mainly want to reduce front end lift as high speeds are a bit scary since doing the beams conversation as the front goes so light

You could experiment with making some speed flaps, they go on the rear edge of the bumper in front of the tyres, toyota fitted them to the last mk2's there supposed to be quite effective and would be simple to replicate

Quote Originally Posted by thomp1983 View Post
    You could experiment with making some speed flaps, they go on the rear edge of the bumper in front of the tyres, toyota fitted them to the last mk2's there supposed to be quite effective and would be simple to replicate
    Yup, doing them on the MK1 too!(they're on the MK3 as standard too)

Awsome I will give that a try, are these what you both mean can't find a picture of them on an mr2 tho.

http://www.mr2-ben.co.uk/uploads/cac...evision_5_.JPG

Yup, those are the fella's. The sit in front of the wheels on the front bumper and at the end of the sills

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast