Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 1MZ Mk3 - The gift that just KEEPS on giving.

Thanks Paul, would you recommend all 4 engine/gearbox bushes were 'uprated' - at the moment it is only the front and rear. I've ordered some 2 part liquid polyurethane to re-do another one (not pictured one).

So, should I do the left/right ones too?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    That 2 part liquid poly has too hard a shore rating, i used it once and it set like concrete!

Aim for a 70-80 shore for the poly bushes, just do the torque ones.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Also I have a shore gauge you're welcome to borrow

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Phew! Thanks for that, some info that may help anyone else who is looking into it...

After some research, there are several Shore rating scales. The most popular being 'A' and 'D'.
    I just purchased some Shore A70 2 part, the stuff I had ordered is D70, which is the equivalent to A125!

A70 is like a running shoe in hardness
    D70 is like a telephone or computer case!!!! Would make for lots of vibrations in the cabin.

Check out my bush!

Before:

Après:

nice work - whats left still to do?
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon View Post
    what's left still to do?
    I've been so busy at work & doing up various houses for me/family the car progress has suffered. I've tried to do little bits whenever I get chance though.

To Do:
    Put the extended 5th gears in the gearbox.
    Fit clutch/gearbox to engine.
    Fit engine/gearbox to car.
    Make A/C hoses.
    Hope and prey I didn't prune too many wires from the loom.
    Find something to mount ballast resistors on (any ideas?)

Then, loads of bodywork, which is needed for the MOT test (don't ask).

The other thing, is my rear brakes, or specifically the handbrake. I had my all my brakes sent off for reconditioning & the handbrake has never worked properly. I have looked into it on-line, there is a procedure to follow but they are still crap. The MOT tester said they weren't really good enough, but as they are like new & I had new pads in, maybe they would bed-in and improve. They have not, so it will be an issue this time. I think the reconditioning was not done correctly, does anyone recommend a refurb company, one that has done them before?

1MZ Mk3 - The gift that just KEEPS on giving.

I'm really happy with today's progress, I got the 5th gear mod done, fitted the fly, clutch, pressure plate, gearbox. All on my own, which was a struggle at times, when my mouth, foot or armpit was a 3rd hand!

Fired up the engine just now! Only for a few seconds, need to top up oil & coolant.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast