Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 1MZ Mk3 - The gift that just KEEPS on giving.

Quote Originally Posted by OlberJ View Post
    if you're in the mood to upgrade there's a good few options
    I'm going to get an uprated clutch (a guy getting back to me, with a helix 4 paddle), and possibly looking at more power/torque in the future.
    What options are there for upgrading the pressure plate? Guessing it needs to be for the Mk2 N/A.

The paddle clutches are very grabby, on/off. I'd try a car with one to see if it's for you 1st.

I've had high power Evo's with them & it's not a daily driver, should be okay. Any ideas on uprated pressure plates?

On my 2GR build, mines an ACT iirc, rated to 400bhp, 6 puck ceramic, all bolted to a Fiddy.

Its pretty on / off, but nowhere near as grabby as I thought it would be, and none of the judder I'd been warned about.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Going off topic here, but the 2gr works best on the Helix Autosport 3s-gte pressure plate and stock 3s-gte friction plate....that retains a light pedal and all the clamping force needed and smooth engagement, i stopped using ACT years ago, too aggressive and heavy for the street.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

When are we ever on topic around here? :)

Funny thing is, its not heavy either. I was worried about it until I drove it, because it almost felt too light. It helps having legs like Thor.

I will let you have a go sometime, we can do one of those YouTube vids and I can be the hot totty in the passenger seat.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Thing is, that doesn't look like an ACT pressure plate, ACT stuff is normally yellow..... like that stuff you found in your belly button.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

The Helix should be fine, that's the setup I had on my old Turbo (together with a Fidanza). I always felt you had to slip it a little bit in traffic but it was perfectly manageable and I think I got about 24k miles out of the friction plate (according to the next owner).

Uh. Good point, think it was supposed to be ACT, Patrick picked one up for me and one for Nick, same as he used in his 2GR build.

Anyway, whatever it is, its pretty good all round.

c.

The rpa/rpm 6 pukclutch is still going strong after 3 years of drag strip action but I have legs like the hulk, only get fed up when it idles sounds like a bag of spanners or Chris rattling his pocket, on long journeys it can get tiresome.
    When ever I get round to the six speed will probably be changing the clutch for some thing less aggressive .

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast