Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rear crossmember removal

If you've got it off take it to a local garage it won't cost more than £10 to have them pressed out then you can clean the bolts up and reuse them and use the saved beer tokens on new bits elsewhere

Can you take pictures of the engine mountings, it's probably dreamland for me but love a V6 in mine

Quote Originally Posted by thomp1983 View Post
    If you've got it off take it to a local garage it won't cost more than £10 to have them pressed out then you can clean the bolts up and reuse them and use the saved beer tokens on new bits elsewhere
    I'll try first :)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
    Can you take pictures of the engine mountings, it's probably dreamland for me but love a V6 in mine
    I can, and will soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    Also LUK N/A clutch FTW! Unless you're going upgraded etc.

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/sho...t=luk+clutches

c.
    Noted, thanks :)
    Last edited by nads1978; 28-02-2015 at 09:55.

Quote Originally Posted by thomp1983 View Post
    Not sure that will work you can't get the press close enough to the bolt head so chances are you will probably bend the frame. Cutting the bolt or burning out is the best way

I've been thinking about this whilst driving around Welsh Wales today & came up with the same conclusion Chris.

Looking at the parts sheet the Bolt, Camber Adjust 48190-32010 £8.20, then depending if it's Left or Right the Cam, Camber Adjust, Left 48190-32010 £12.69 or Right 48196-32040 £12.69 how the plate is more the the plate with a bolt god knows. But either way, doing it again I would cut the bolt, then either soak in plusgas/wd40 if the bush is still good or knock out & replace with a polybush. These prices are a bit out of date but gives you an idea, either way if you screw the subframe it's going to cost £50-£100 for a 2nd hand one.
    Thanks for the part numbers, that is a great help. Is there an online parts catalogue, or free/cheap software catalogue?

I've just uploaded the parts PDF to the download section, not sure of it's origins I stole it from somewhere else.

Okay chaps, where can I get a set of polyurethane bushes. I can see them on ebay for ~£290, for a full set for the Mk3, is there anywhere else anyone can recommend?

I've just uploaded the parts PDF to the download section, not sure of it's origins I stole it from somewhere else.
    Thanks, I'll have a gander!

I'll get some better pics when they have been cleaned up and painted.

In order (front at front, left at left etc.)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast