We all know I'm a dreamer & as always it will probably never happen but things are changing & it may free up some funds for a transplant. The clear easiest is the 2ZZ route, I've read up on it, there are a few confusing things over on the ROC forum & a couple arguing about exactly what is needed, but I'm pretty sure I can get around those issues. But I'm not sure that a 2ZZ really floats my boat, unless of course it got turbo'd next year, I've seen a few posts about turbo Celica's so it must be possible.

But the lure of the V6 is ever present, we had a 2.3 Grandad quite a few number ago & that was so smooth to drive. However there is not a great deal of information about what is needed to put a V6 in a MK3 unless of course I'm looking in the wrong place. I've picked up snippets, but nowhere is the whole hog like the write-up Paul did on the first 1.5 many years ago.

So here is what I do know bearing in mind I cannot afford the lovely 2GR engine that is sat doing nothing in Durham.

The engine of choice will have to be the 1MZ mated to a MK2 N/A gearbox with some work needed to the flywheel, it can have an extended 5th gear put in from an Avensis?? & I think it can have the LSD from the MK3 fitted.
Driveshafts No idea
Bearing Carrier No idea
Hubs No idea
Rear Subframe Needs to have a slot cut in it, I'm presuming this is for the gearbox & also for an exhaust manifold/pipe
To aid servicing in the future a access panel needs to go in the firewall so plugs can be changed without dropping engine
Engine mounts, these appear to be bolt in, so is it a matter of hanging the engine in a 3D-4D maze & then pick up the points?
The engine will have to run it's own ECU that comes from the Camry & the MK3 ECU will remain to power the dash, I have seen no wiring diagrams just it mentioned.
The rear crossmember has to be modified for clearance (presumably)

So if anyone has anything constructive which can assist me I will/would be most grateful.