I introduced myself after a long time lurking during the week, so now it's time for my latest build thread. Technically this began back in October ish last year so I have a few bits to fill in first. The car as I bought it looked quite clean and respectable

I drove it from purchase on 7th December 2013 until the engine gave out (later diagnosed as major head gasket failure) in early Febuary 2014. It was parked down he side of the house and left for the year as I had other commitments, like getting married and honeymoon. Once I got back in August I had planned to start straight away, but beer got in the way, and it was nearer September before I pulled my finger out.

I had to start by giving myself somewhere to work. The house was equipped with a rather crap pile of gravel for a drive, not nice for working on cars, so cue 120 slabs and 2 tons of sand/ballast along with 2 weekends slaving I had my work area.

So I dragged the car out, gave it a wash and got it up on stands

The following weekend it was time to get the engine out. I started on the Saturday after work at 12. The engine sat on the floor less than 3 hours later, love these mr2's, so easy to work on

Now it was time to have a look around the car and evaluate the rust, apparently it had has arches at some point, but during it's sit down the side of the house a few patches had started to show

With the skirts off things didn't look much better

The front wings practically fell off, but I don't have any pictures of them. Nothing at the bottom where they join the sill, the side skirt was holding them on. There was also nothing under the front splitter where they overlap the wings, and the separate valences were sieves.