Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940

Thread: Potential V8 Vehicle Suggestions

I'd rock it as it stands - Ok, maybe clean up the interior, but exterior stays the same; Maybe a few choice accessories (AA badge on the front, travel blanket and tissue box on rear shelf). Heck I'd even leave the pea shooter exhaust in place and add some side pipes exiting in front of the rear wheels.
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

is it currently driveable? MOT'd?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon View Post
    is it currently driveable? MOT'd?
    MOT expired in July, so I'm assuming it was on the road up until about then. Other than that, its complete as you can see, starts runs and drives. Needs a battery. I'm assuming that the fuel in the tank is still usable going by the pics. That's pretty much the reason i bought it; its a recommission not a restoration. I cant fight a battle on multiple fronts, tried that and failed. Hopefully i can get this on the road and usable, maybe get to a couple of shows, maybe even JAE and then when I'm ready get on with the V8.

I'm very much of the same mind Jeff, clean it up, maybe repair the door and wing rot if i have to, then chug around it in. It's a 1171cc A12 engine, and the go on forever.

Oh and the best bit? It's not quite old enough to be rare and expensive, but there's still a lot of stupidly cheap spares around for them on eBay. I mean clutch kit is £15, brake pads / shoes are a fiver, gasket set £20 and so on. If i buy in a few spares i could run it forever.

Yeah, this is going to be fun.

:)

always a gates accessory pulley kit, supercharger drive noise, no charger, standard body line;)

as for the zorst, could always run a big one down to the back, and gut the old muffler and make it a bottom exit(dumpy styles). and leave the pea shooter sticking out the back like a cover....

didn't click your a NZ cricket supporter Chris??? part of the beige brigade....look em up if you don't know
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    MOT expired in July, so I'm assuming it was on the road up until about then. Other than that, its complete as you can see, starts runs and drives. Needs a battery. I'm assuming that the fuel in the tank is still usable going by the pics. That's pretty much the reason i bought it; its a recommission not a restoration. I cant fight a battle on multiple fronts, tried that and failed. Hopefully i can get this on the road and usable, maybe get to a couple of shows, maybe even JAE and then when I'm ready get on with the V8.

I'm very much of the same mind Jeff, clean it up, maybe repair the door and wing rot if i have to, then chug around it in. It's a 1171cc A12 engine, and the go on forever.

Oh and the best bit? It's not quite old enough to be rare and expensive, but there's still a lot of stupidly cheap spares around for them on eBay. I mean clutch kit is £15, brake pads / shoes are a fiver, gasket set £20 and so on. If i buy in a few spares i could run it forever.

Yeah, this is going to be fun.

:)
    Just thinking running for a short time is always preferable.I'd still want that filthy big v8 in there, but having a running motor means you could run around to people, if for example, you were going to get a tunnel fabbed up etc. Planning makes a build go quicker!

I like that. Very good point. It may well be a basket case when it arrives, I've bought it blind based on some pics and a bit of a description. The seller has been around on RR for some time, and looks pretty decent.

I will give it a full appraisal when it lands, but if it looks reasonably close I might just wizz it down for an mot and see what happens.

Short version update, Datsun arrived, better in some ways, worse in others. Buying cars blind is always a gamble. Someone has already tried to buy it. Full update tomorrow with pics and vids.

I think the real problem here is that we all love cars so much, that when your friends buy an old import with a tiny engine, you just don't care if it has faults. You feel excited that something interesting is about to take place, one way or the other. Seeing it run & drive, seeing it get repaired or even sold on to the next crazy car guy. I think that little car is very cool. It's cool because it's loaded with cheap simplicity and it doesn't pretend to be anything more than that. It's cool because it is a Retro wealth of possibilities. It's like opening a box of chocolates and guessing which one you're going to get.- it doesn't matter, they're all going to be sweet and delicious.

When your friends buy an old import with a tiny engine, it makes you want one. Just imagine that little car spinning around in a gravel car park.

Now appearing here.....

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/sho...d-Datsun-Sunny

Although i do hope this thread has inspired some creative ideas, and i'm sure we are not done with it yet.

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940