Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential V8 Vehicle Suggestions

Alpha 147 T spark on ebay UK, 475.

These are cheap:
    Fit big back tires on it and side pipes or make the headers come up out of the bonnet...

And then there's this- yeah, it's not cheap but it's fun.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferrari-Da...item35e36f1e04

Alfa's are fwd; The problem with converting to rear would be the VIVA afterwards.

Im wondering whether Technically, Any v8 swap would have to have one?
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    How about an Mx5, cheap as chips, RWD, Monster Miata in the US horn V8s in all the time.

Then do this with the 250 Tribute kit...

How much more win do you need?

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Probably a lottery win to fund it all

The Tribute kit starts from £1970, the Mx5 would be circa £500, he has the 1uz already, budget another couple of grand contigency fund.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Yes, not bad. That 250 tribute picture is BEAUTIFUL. When I close my eyes, that image is stuck on the backs of my eyelids.. damn that's a pretty thing.

More along the lines of what is dirt cheap and quick to finish:

This is a fantastic idea. Take this frame and plop something FWD and cheap on it. "Beat it to fit, and paint it to match".

A friend of mine who lives locally (he actually works as a mechanic on the Wheeler Dealers programme) , has this for sale, a Datsun 120Y Van, believed to be the only one in the UK and it's in pretty mint condition, he imported it from Japan 6 months ago.

I think this would be pretty epic with a V8.

Now he does want £2,500 for it, but it needs no restoration, thought it was worth showing you, he flys back out to America soon (they are filming the latest series out there) so the car is surplus to requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenade View Post
    Yes, not bad. That 250 tribute picture is BEAUTIFUL. When I close my eyes, that image is stuck on the backs of my eyelids.. damn that's a pretty thing.
    Funnily enough, I seem to remember posting up a link to one of those at the beginning of what became the 1UZ TR7 thread...

I actually saw one on the road a few months back, looked pretty nice but I can confirm that that pic is definitely flattering, they don't look that good from every angle. Still one of my fave swap ideas though.

Can't see past the RX8 really, it's so much of a newer vehicle than anything else half-decent for that sort of money. Every time I see one they still look good.
    Last edited by Jiff Lemon; 17-01-2015 at 11:38.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast