Thread: Potential V8 Vehicle Suggestions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Every time i read this thread i can't help but think reality is going to bite somewhere. You got rid of your mg project as it was too much so that probably rules out anything pre mid 80's as they will likely need too much repair work/strengthening and upgrading to handle the power and you admit welding isn't your forte.

Anything fairly modern is either going to be a mare to wire up and make motable if it uses a canbus system And in most cases will be a big outlay to potentially be worthless at the end.

That leaves mid 80-90s rwd stuff and sadly most of it's been done. An rx7 or is200/altezza conversion would have retail value but both involve reasonable outlay as they need a manual supra box, in the worst case they'd both break to recover the funding if they didn't get finished. Most other rwd options either have factory v8's or just aren't worth the outlay unless your happy to write off 3-4k at the end.

My votes probably the is200 unless you insist on something different in which case the rx8 as it's binnable amounts of cash if it can't be done.

Another idea would be pull some favours with john hurst and get a dino kit off him presumably you could then chop the boot away for more room but then your back to a full scale project and big outlay.

Hope you don't take this as a rant or pissing on your parade bigman i just want to see you take on something that you can finish and enjoy not something that drags ends up stuffed away when something else comes up. These things are a hobby to enjoy and it's not when they become a chore or money pit just in the way
    Last edited by thomp1983; 28-01-2015 at 04:16.