Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Android Tablet MK2 Dash Install (inc. JF ODB1 reader)

Just bought a couple of these to play with. I'm planning on fitting a plug to the OBD1 so i can just plug it in.

http://www.carsets.co.uk/wholesale/t...kKShoCREnw_wcB

That thing is cool. Does that mean you can run the OBD2 tablet software with it?

It crossed my mind, not sure what it will make of it. Will give it a try before i chop its head off.

c.

Ok guys,
    I got my cheap tablet since about 2-3 weeks and I have done some testing and dev work to improve TOYOBD1 for permanent installs

here is the tablet
    http://www.dx.com/p/g7pro-7-0-dual-c...0#.VN1Oki6VP4w
    it is not so bad but it does have bugs. processing power seems good yet.

I made a carputer mode available that looks at the charge signal and act accordingly.
    It now is able to connect automatically to a setuped device.
    the app can now run in the background correctly.

here is a video showing the carputer mode in action

I have since added INJ duty cycle % and a rough 3VZ-FE AFM mass air flow curve
    next steps are more calculated fields, add more mass air flow curves (1UZ-FE and 3S-GTE), virtual dashboards.
    jfbreton.blogspot.ca

Nice work, I'm guessing we can just upgrade the app from play store android market thing?

C.

Never mind, found and updated! :)

Not sure if you've seen but the app came in very handy testing and debugging my TPS issue.

I also made an adapter plug of sorts from an OBD1 patch cable.

Last edited by cdwood2010; 13-02-2015 at 08:10.

That thing is cool, I have to get my engine to run and idle before I try to use it.

The whole project was developed using bench ECUs and turning distributors by hand to get moving data. if you can power your ECU correctly you could use it before you start it for real. I used that technique to sort details prior to first engine start on 4E-FTE and ST205 engines. on the 4E-FTE it proved very useful to isolate why the car would not start( wrong connection at the IGT signal wire). It's also very helpful when you either dont have any intsrumentation in the car or you dont know if you can trust them.
    jfbreton.blogspot.ca

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234