Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: toyobd1 - surprised there's been no mention of this

TB Small Affiliate is only £20, so i would propose that he could add £1 or whatever onto a unit to offset.

I for one don't mind helping fund a development like this.

Chris.

Yeah that sounds like the decent thing to do.

Well i know what its like trying to startup something, £20 is a dent in your cashflow.

I would really like to see this on TB, and fully developed for everyone to get the benefit from. It would be a massive assist for new build diags etc. not to mention issues like the one Chris had. Sometimes a flashing dash light just isnt enough.

:)

c.

I will email him and pass that on :-)

Hi guys, I'm Jean-Francois (JF,Jeff, whatever feels better for you ;) )
    I have been exchanging PM with Jon since about July about the more powerful tool. Main goal is to be able to get more data at an incredible rate and adapt TOYOBD1 to communicate with it. This should finally make gauges usefull in the app due to the better refresh rate we will get. IMO it might also make it possible to read data on some older ECU I cannot support with OBD1READ.

to cover your affiliate fees I could send a gift OBD1READ to someone at twobrutal,
    this is also an opportunity for you to prove it is indeed working an describe your experience in your own words.

If you have any questions dont hesitate to post or PM me if it is private.
    thanks

Nice to have you aboard and I look forward to seeing the cool things that come of this!

Last implemented features to the app were as follows.

-Trip computer,
    -better text display.
    -import and data replay feature between users phone
    -export logs to the old russian Windows App CarTester8000 (a move for interoperability )
    -2 or 3 new engines supported

Next big thing on the menu are
    -prove more engines
    -better understanding of the Ox sensor signal
    -when available display AFM flow in g/s instead of V and show other calculations with those readings:Volumetric efficiency
    -Engine health check analysis, analyze data from the last weeks or maybe month to find noticeable details(missing signals like spd,idle switch on the tps(this is frequent in swaps)) or recurrent behavior, (low or too high engine temps,never reaching operating temp)
    -make it work with Jon's device

Fantastic to have you on here JF. Welcome :-)

Welcome great to have some one working on this, it's projects like this that keeps the boundaries moving for the home engine builder, plus it's great to see exactly what's going on at an ecu level.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast