Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are the chances of two faulty callipers?

I've just read the thread and I don't think you explained yourself clearly enough, Paul :hidesbehi:

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Lol I was getting a bit frustrated by it all, more explanation marks as the thread went on :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Thank you Paul, I'll do this on Saturday and let you know how awesome you are soon after.

It's people like Paul and a few others who make it possible for people like me to do our own maintenance, complete projects, carry out engine swaps and all sorts of things which I and others like me would never have the knowledge or skills to do without their help, advice and the time they give to this club. I especially admire anyone who does something for a living who then gives their time and experience away for free to the likes of me, after all it has cost you time and in many cases money to find this stuff out and develop your skills and experience.

That said, it was also tempting to tell you that you are wrong and even though my brakes are knackered and I know fuck all about anything, tell you that I don't need to do that and you are a scaremonger. But that'd make me a ****, so Instead I'll add you the list of people I owe a beer to if our paths ever cross.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    We need a "like" post button.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by ya_crow View Post
    Thank you Paul, I'll do this on Saturday and let you know how awesome you are soon after.

It's people like Paul and a few others who make it possible for people like me to do our own maintenance, complete projects, carry out engine swaps and all sorts of things which I and others like me would never have the knowledge or skills to do without their help, advice and the time they give to this club. I especially admire anyone who does something for a living who then gives their time and experience away for free to the likes of me, after all it has cost you time and in many cases money to find this stuff out and develop your skills and experience.

That said, it was also tempting to tell you that you are wrong and even though my brakes are knackered and I know fuck all about anything, tell you that I don't need to do that and you are a scaremonger. But that'd make me a ****, so Instead I'll add you the list of people I owe a beer to if our paths ever cross.
    Well Said.

Whilst pauls advice is great I'd be ignoring the handbrake for the moment as there's something quite wrong if your failing for just braking effort too which is a bigger issue than tweaking to get the handbrake working

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Lol I was getting a bit frustrated by it all, more explanation marks as the thread went on :)
    I read through most of it before I realized that dude is a moron. Way back when I was doing the cables on my Two, I had a hell of a time getting them to adjust, because I didn't follow your instructions. I was ignorant of that little trick. After I'm sure what was too long, I made different cable stops and beat it into submission & got it to work.

I sure wish I had listened and have learned my lesson. Best of luck with the brakes ya_crow, let us know how you get on.

:)

The only thing that was scary was the none listening tit, typical keyboard warrior troll carry on Paul, any more rants we can have a laugh at ? You should do a top ten rant thread.

Quote Originally Posted by thomp1983 View Post
    Whilst pauls advice is great I'd be ignoring the handbrake for the moment as there's something quite wrong if your failing for just braking effort too which is a bigger issue than tweaking to get the handbrake working
    Having asked a few more questions it appears that since changing the callipers the foot brake has improved and is only marginally different from o/s to n/s so once I set the handbrake mechanism I should have both foot and handbrake working.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast