Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fun with 3d printing

Golly I hadn't thought of that. Remote printing, buy something and get it printed locally.

Star Trek replicators here we come.

Yeah, it's pretty cool, search on ebay & you can email your 3D file to them, then they will quote you on volume/quantity of material used, print it, post it. It's not too expensive, if there is a bespoke part you badly need anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by nads1978 View Post
    Are you doing the 3D stuff as open source too? If so, people can get their own ones printed locally saving international postage! Just wondering, as you said the software for the clock is going to be open source. I'm just curious, even though it isn't relevant to my mk3.
    Good work by the way!
    sadly no, my stuff are private... you have to consider it cost money to develop anything, these model don't grow on trees and they don't always go the way you want w/o having to pay to build a prototype. Design > build > refine > design > build it's an on going process and it not cheap

Quote Originally Posted by oteck View Post
    sadly no, my stuff are private... you have to consider it cost money to develop anything, these model don't grow on trees and they don't always go the way you want w/o having to pay to build a prototype. Design > build > refine > design > build it's an on going process and it not cheap
    neither is running an enthusiast club. we do everything for each other on this forum in order to further push the MR2 forward. i know where you're coming from but in the same breath a bit insulted that you are happy to push your creativity and potential future self promotion and personal profit on a forum you're not willing to pay membership for at £10 a year.
    jolly good luck to you anyway.

Thats fine i don't plan to here, I don't even see any profit for making them rather than recoup my expense so i can fund other projects thats already burning a hole in my pockets. But ya doesn't even think I'll share any more ideas here

Delete this thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12