Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clutch options V6

Clutch options V6

Hi guys, are there any "off the shelf" clutch options for my 1MZ and mk2 gearbox? I've not had them out the car yet, but want to have the new stuff ready to go back in when I do.

Fresh gearbox with TRD LSD is waiting to go in. Will be for "fast road" so I can sacrifice a bit of friction material area if there is something that will fit straight on.

Thanx in advance :)

Nice one, thanks for the speedy reply. I have to figure out how to navigate the forum better on iPad!

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    Luk clutches. I swear by them. Tried and tested in 3vz and 1mz..

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=20314

Chris.
    +1:thumbsup: Couldn't fault them.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Probably irrelevant because of cost in shipping, but these guys make my clutches. I have them use a firmer gripping pressure plate, to hold forced induction up to 600HP, so it will never, ever slip.
    http://www.southbendclutch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    How much are we talking out of curiosity?

c.
    For a pressure plate, release bearing and clutch disc, it was $350 usd shipped to me and came with the alignment tool, a cool hat and a T shirt. The flywheel I bought new on fleabay for 70 usd shipped. The flywheel bolts came from Toyota's main dealer and were around 23 usd. No matter what I did- it never slipped, whereas the stock one that I used before, I could get them to slip.

Chris, I was reading an archived thread of yours:
    http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/arc...p/t-18134.html

You say:
    3vz/1mz auto metal plate which comes of the auto flywheel (basically a round flat plate with holes in which you use to bolt your modified flywheel to the engine, so it goes engine, flywheel,metal plate, bolts, it sits inside the flywheel you may have to chamfer the edge to get it to fit in the recess off the flywheel).

Can you confirm if the above necessary, or does elongation of the turbo flywheel mounting holes suffice?

Also I have sourced what I'm told is a suitable clutch, a "Helix 4 Puck", any opinion on them? I'm working to a budget!
    Thanks.

Clutch options V6

More of a safety clamp after elongating holes your not clamping the whole hole, but in using the plate throws the bolt heads higher by a few mm, so check the clutch works and has space from the bolt heads, I think it's do it bolt gearbox on check engine rotates if it doesn't some things binding and its a lot easy to fix on the ground than installed in the engine bay.
    Chris will no doubt be along to give his words of advice rather than my ramble haha.

Puk clutches like my one a six puck rattle when warm or worn and sound like a box of spanners jangling, Chris swears by the luk clutches.
    Last edited by snowtigger; 20-11-2014 at 11:15.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast