Thread: Random VAG question

Random VAG question

Son has a Y plate VW Passat 1.9TD which has seen better days at 200K, he's looking at a 51 plate Audi A4 estate also with a 1.9TD motor in it, the turbo on the A4 is shot, hence why he can afford it, any chance of being able to steal it off the Passat on the way to the graveyard?

Are they both the same HP? Back then there were 90, 110 and 130bhp versions of the passat all from a 1.9tdi, same with the A4. If you PM me the registration numbers for both cars I might be able to check engine codes for you tomorrow as I work for VW. Whilst I wouldn't have a clue myself but it sounds feasible, I know a man who would know and I'm happy to pick his brains on your behalf.

Currently on Y972 DRB looking to fit on Y201 XEB Thanks

UK Passats is where you need to go for an answer to that question
    NEW Instant MR2 Expert, just add Lager.

Cheers found out the Passat is a 130 still not sure about the A4

I would take pictures of both and the number of the turbo and slap it on the A4 doesn't matter what bhp either of them are as long as it fits and runs billy bonus time.

If i remember rightly, they turbo's, injectors and ECU's are the only things they ecer changed for the different BHP levels. I cant see why the Turbo won't work if its physically identical; ie bolts tot he manifold.

The Passat if its a 130 is probably a pd engine meaning its got electric injectors first thing you have to do is get both engine codes 90 and 110 turbos are interchangeable and pd engine to pd engines normally are as well

Bugger, only just seen this now. Must remember to see if I can check this for you tomorrow.