thread: TwoBrutal Video Smörgåsbord

Nov 2008
    London
    Soz Gav, I made an assumption there. Havent had my medication yet.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Oct 2013
    Doncaster
    Conventional 'snap oversteer' happens under power, not under braking. I think that's usually down to booting the throttle like you have clogs on (in an mr2)
    Great footage Gavs - very entertaining (although I still wish I could superglue your hands to the steering wheel :)
    Just on the terminology , I've been lucky enough to drive a variety of cars in anger over the years and I think our chosen model is still one of the most neutral handling cars going. 'Snap oversteer' is usually held to be an unexpected (or intentional) break away of the rear of the vehicle during cornering. My racing MGC roadster was one of the most unpredictable in this respect- with ineffectual lever arm suspension, the rear end would 'patter' under braking and step out with little warning. Mini Coopers were a different kettle of fish- with inherent understeer you would enter a bend and provoke oversteer by left foot braking, maintaining this with application of the throttle. Must confess I've never had similar problems with my MR2, love the handling ( even with standard suspension ). I understand what Torero means- with the extra power of the V6 it's easy to provoke a Jeremy Clarkson style lurid power slide ( especially in the wet ), but you're correct- not 'snap oversteer' more over enthusiasm. The chief instructor at Harewood Hill Climb, who until last year had never been in an MR2 , was very complimentary about my '2' and said it felt one of the best balanced cars on the day. Aren't we lucky to be able to spend time on tracks and hillclimbs exploring our cars (and our own ) limits. Love it!

Sep 2011
    Bowral, Australia (100 kms from Sydney)

MR2 Trackday Challenge- Wakefield Park Australia Jan 2015

Wet track lose in 2GR SW20 at 170 Kph. Beached and towed out of the sand trap. Looks like we need to tune out the overun built into the drive by wire.

Sep 2007
    stockport
    Ouch skipped a bit going back across the track lucky it didn't bounce.

Mar 2012
    Rotherhithe
    Easily done in the wet and braking into high speed corners. File under 'mr2 handling' :-) :-)

Dec 2012
    Cleveland Ohio USA
    OK- Here, from the USA. I hate this guy. Not sure why.

Sep 2010
    Earls Barton
    5 seconds in and I wanted to find him and hurt him, with a passion and enthusiasm normally reserved for ex-wives.

:/

Sep 2007
    stockport
    All I can say is I'm glad I don't live over there with your relaxed view of gun laws, does the guy bore students to death ?
    We know nearly all mid engine cars suffer the same thing handling issues and that a turbo mk2 in a youngsters hands is a recipe for finding a ditch and becoming a donee for a mk1 transplant, but half the fun is driving a no driving aids pure oooooh shit no ecu to save me car.
    The mk1 has tried to spit me into a barrier and a lamppost and off the road but that's the fun or I'm abut mad, as jc says if it doesn't try and kill you it's not a sports car.

Dec 2012
    Cleveland Ohio USA
    Yeah, I posted on his video and basically said if you don't know what a car is doing, you'll crash it. I also told him to stuff a V6 in there and it'll fix all of his problems. The guy's too stupid and boring to even use a wrench. And whomever is doing the music in that video needs to be hit over the head with a little bit of talent FFS. Now I'm all fired up... this damn guy hahahaa

Did I type that outloud? hehe
    Last edited by Grenade; 05-02-2015 at 02:42. : Keyboard drink drive

•