Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TwoBrutal Video Smörgåsbord

Posted elsewhere but here again in the video smorgasbord.
    Shift lights not programmed.
    In the next post it will be gutted. Looking to remove around 100 kg
    2GR SW20 Track Day November 2014

Sounds fantastic! Wish I were on track in one of those. Great job.

Abingdon trackday
    http://youtu.be/vdGimgnwkQo
    Comedy spin at the end.....

Enjoyed that. Looks really smooth, blasting past everything but the caterham. A bit bum clenching at the end.

Scary how quick it was to decide it wanted to turn around. Hadn't quite finished moving from the left to the right of the track, hit the brakes hard - small weave left and right then BAM round it went...

That was crazy- I was waiting for some abrupt movement of the wheel, but that thing just swapped ends with literally no warning. Awesome!

Looks like you may have put a rear tyre on the grass ?
    Jimi
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quote Originally Posted by jimi View Post
    Looks like you may have put a rear tyre on the grass ?
    Yeah I may have, but I think it's mainly because the rear wasn't 100% behind the fronts (and flat) when i hit the brakes. The pendulum motion starts (you can see the steering wheel move in my hands) as soon as I hit the brakes...

Quote Originally Posted by gavsdavs View Post
    Yeah I may have, but I think it's mainly because the rear wasn't 100% behind the fronts (and flat) when i hit the brakes. The pendulum motion starts (you can see the steering wheel move in my hands) as soon as I hit the brakes...
    That's pretty much an explanation of what 'Snap Overtsteer' is Gav. A well known trait of mid-engined cars.

Good to watch just the same.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Conventional 'snap oversteer' happens under power, not under braking. I think that's usually down to booting the throttle like you have clogs on (in an mr2)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast