Thread: 22v caliper revuild

22v caliper revuild

Hi guys

Im working on a 22v rear caliper setup but using a 302mm rotor, all that is required is a fairly basic adapter and maybe a couple of washers, Ive had a quick look on ebay but can anyone recommend a good supplier for rebuild kits, it also looks like one of the pistons is too badly scored/corroded to reuse and will need replaced.

Thanks in advance,
    Mark

Hi Mark.

Try D-Peg (Dan) he may be able to machine something to your spec regards the adaptors.

With the pistons I'd try a company called Bigg REd. I had a full refurb kit for my standard SW20 rears with stainless steel pistons, bleed nipples and seals for £72 delivered.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

I had some 22v rebuilt by them a couple of months back. This was their prices at that time and won't have changed much I would have thought:-

Finish 1 :- Standard
    Silver , Grey or Gold Paint
    A basic paint finish normally chosen by the trade when cosmetics are academic

Finish 2 :- Electroplate Silver or Gold
    Industry standard plating, as used by most manufacturers

Finish 3 :- Premium
    Red, Blue, Black, Green, Bright Green, Yellow and Pink
    Anti-corrosive undercoat oven cured, followed by 2 top coats also oven cured. Providing a premium durable gloss finish

All calipers are fitted with New pistons,
    seals and bleed screws irrespective of finish

Finish Standard Electroplate Premium
    Average Lead time 3/4 Working days 14/18 Working days Min 10/12 Working days
    All prices are per pair including VAT
    Toyota MR2 REAR 22v calipers £99.00 £119.00 £149.00
    Toyota MR2 FRONT calipers £99.00 £119.00 £149.00

*Slider brackets FOC FOC FOC
    * This is a coating only service and does not include new slider Bolts or Pins
    Return carriage 2 calipers UK £9.90 Excludes Highlands & Islands
    Return carriage 4 calipers UK £16.00 Excludes Highlands & Islands
    Central Europe 4 calipers (Exclusions apply) £29.00
    All prices include VAT
    All calipers are pressure tested prior to dispatch and guaranteed hydraulically for 12 months
    Send all 4 calipers in at the same time and receive a 10% discount
    If you would like to go ahead simply send your calipers to us with a covering letter with your contact details and finish required
    Please remove all Banjo bolts, pad clips and pipes prior to sending off your calipers.
    Last edited by Subby; 30-09-2014 at 21:52.

Hi, thanks for the info gens, Ill be refurbing the callipers myself so no issues there, ill be sandblasting them back, replacing all the seals and bushes and zinc phosphate priming them and then 2k metallic base and lacquer, same goes for the calliper bracket, I have a plasma cutter so can do this in a spare few mins lol, ive used these guys before and have been quite pleased with there service so will give them a crack for the rebuild kit

callipers are currently at the sandblasters, taking their sweet time but I have the rebuild kit from big red

calipers are finished now, still twiddling with the adapter plates but not a million miles off

cal[er adapter plates are done, will get them powder coated and we are good to go, just need the engine in and everything is golden