Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ECU help (decision) needed

Well this is a mk2 engine going in a mk1 so it's all going to need wiring in anyway.

The two big white plugs go to the mk2 engine bay fuse box, sling with the two thick white wires with twin 10mm bolts.

Which guide are you working from?

C.

Adam, 18 I think. Doesn't fit the ECU.

What's this gay book? This is confusing enough Thomp..

Chris, the PW PDF from the downloads section.

The alternator and starter are easy enough, I can work that out. I just need to establish what needs to go in and out the ECU and whether a 22 pin is the way to do it.

Is there another guide?

I will have a look at that guide, it's peaked my interest.

Pretty sure you're going to need a plug whichever ecu you use.

C.

Brain fried.

Still cannot work out why the loom has no plug for the 3rd ECU slot. Did mk2s ever come in a revision without 3 ECU plugs?

I'll pull some sheathing back tomorrow and see what wore colourings lurk beneath.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommytank View Post
    Brain fried.

Still cannot work out why the loom has no plug for the 3rd ECU slot. Did mk2s ever come in a revision without 3 ECU plugs?
    It's still on the car......

tommy its fairly simple, in the guide the ecu plug chris refers to is A, its called the third plug in the guide. you just make connections to it from the mk1 loom when the guide tells to you, dont sweat it, take it one wire at time, i managed to start first go, its no big thing except you dont have one. you dont connect all of the wires on the grey plug, only those that are required, the other ones on the grey plug are just terminated , tape them off etc. most of the connections iirc are made on that grey plug you dont have.. and most go to the N1 connector (the old mk1 boot plug)
    Last edited by adamh; 11-09-2014 at 21:59.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

The penny hath dropped.

The 3rd ECU plug is not part of the engine loom, it's a chassis loom. I only have an engine loom having never taken the engine from the car. I bought it as a package.

My AW11 chassis loom needs splicing to that, but not having a 3rd ECU plug, that is where I've come undone.

Phew! So Chris, yes indeedy my good man... that spare 22pin plug would be greatly appreciated. I am assuming most 22pin or 3rd ECU plugs have the same pin wiring?

sorry for the confusion, about the 4th ecu plug, is infact the 3rd. it was grey, i was checking you didnt have it by chance. i had part of the body loom, so it was located in a different place for me then the ecu, i rolled the whole thing out on the floor and paul pointed the grey plug out to me. if you can get one, just make sure its got a good few inches wire you can make your connections to, not cut right down to the plug.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast