Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: MR2 TDI Build Thread!

It would be much appreciated if someone could tell me about the fuel pump. Is it a 9v resistor pack jobby to get round the voltage drop when cranking? Or just a straight 12v supply to the petrol pump?

The turbo pump has a resistor pack to run at two speeds, normal operation and flat out for maximum demand.

The n/a is single speed.

Both are 12v, but I guess what.you really need to look at is the LPH and that.the return will work ok with the diesel injector pump.

That's very helpful. I'm going to have a go at leaving all the fuel tank stuff as is and hoping it will pump through the injector pump.

Time will tell :)

If you get the seat ecu remapped you can get the immobiliser removed out of the ecu at the same time making life easier. Use a quality clutch as the one in my golf started slipping in no time with the 150 map it had on it, I had to take the ecu off and go back to 110 bloody boring now.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbydave View Post
    If you get the seat ecu remapped you can get the immobiliser removed out of the ecu at the same time making life easier. Use a quality clutch as the one in my golf started slipping in no time with the 150 map it had on it, I had to take the ecu off and go back to 110 bloody boring now.
    Was that just a remap or a turbo and fmic as well to get 150 bhp? If so where did you get that mapped as I need it in my life!

I got it done by a place in Ashton near me but look on ebay ecu that have been mapped are no more than 150

Awesome thanks.

Nice idea, would be cool with DSG

A little update on my (lack of) progress :)

I've not done a huge amount as the clutch on my cr**y 106 diesel failed in a way that meant it wouldn't disengage. So I've taken the gearbox off that and am waiting for a new clutch plate to arrive.

Spot the piece of metal where it shouldn't be......

On the plus (but rather expensive side) I'm driving the scimitar 90 miles a day, getting plenty of admiring looks and really enjoying the car (at 5 times the cost!!!).

Back to the MR2, I've been doing a bit of loom thinning, this time its the TDI loom, its about halved so far, I need to go get some of the controls to keep going with the job now.

More to come.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast